yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
3/3/13 5:16 p.m.

Well, I'm kinda new to these.....but I picked a set up yesterday for my '91 sho that needed a few things(already have the repair plates for the articulation and adjustable mounts ordered) for cheap. They are GC sleeves over Koni Yellows, Eibach springs, but I can't find their spring rate anywhere on the springs themselves. Springs seem easy enough to find, but I have no idea what spring rates I should consider. Fronts are 2.5id x 6" long and rears are 2.5id x 7" long. Any advice would be appreciated.

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/3/13 5:32 p.m.

if the are standard could springs you can calculate their rate, if they aren't marked on the springs someplace.

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
3/3/13 6:17 p.m.

They are eibach, but have "Ground control" on them instead of the eibach numbering system......

Edit, the rears have a "GC150.64.53" on them.....fronts are "GC180.64.75"

Found those numbers on bottom coil after cleaning them

Edit #2, Google claims 430lb in for the front and 300lb in for the back......sound like enough spring for a 3100lb fwd car with something like a 60/40 weight split?

z31maniac
z31maniac PowerDork
3/3/13 6:59 p.m.

What type is suspension etc needs to be known

yamaha
yamaha SuperDork
3/3/13 7:05 p.m.

The sho's are all mac struts....it has 24/26mm sway bar combo, rear stb, subframe connectors, and poly & aluminum bushings throughout if that matters.

crazycanadian
crazycanadian Reader
3/3/13 10:19 p.m.

Depends on what you plan to do with the car... It sounds a little soft for anything more then a weekend warrior/daily driver... If you are planning to track it or autocross it you might want to go up in spring rate... sometimes its good to try it out first and play with it see how the car is before switching things up though..

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
3/3/13 10:21 p.m.

The first question is what can the struts handle?

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
3/4/13 9:44 a.m.

In reply to crazycanadian:

Thanks, this will probably be what I do.....it'll be mainly driving, combined with occasional autox usage and maybe a track day or two.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UberDork
3/4/13 9:52 a.m.

Is there a reason you're adverse to just calling up Ground Control and talking to the techs there?

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
3/4/13 10:43 a.m.

In reply to ReverendDexter:

Such a place exists? It couldn't be any worse than calling stance I suppose......

I think the correct answer is contact Koni and see what the yellow inserts can take spring rate wise...

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UberDork
3/4/13 10:58 a.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to ReverendDexter: Such a place exists?

Ground Control

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RfOJXNIYffjztmE4NLUgV6GHYQLIU6XZTytz7qsgZdKVjjzqqr4iTWItVVBP8CcA