1 2
MA$$hole
MA$$hole HalfDork
2/27/15 1:37 p.m.

In reply to HiTempguy:

Picking it up tomorrow. Test driving it wasn't a miserable experience. Engine felt peppy enough for what I needed & steering felt like it had decent turn in. I need to find a way to connect an aux input or ipod adapter to it. It has the NAV with a 6 Disc changer.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess MegaDork
2/27/15 1:40 p.m.

In Lexus world, there are some hacks to tap into the 6 disk changer audio line. You might explore that. It would surprise me if the changer was different.

MA$$hole
MA$$hole HalfDork
2/27/15 3:42 p.m.

I can deal without a CD player & I'm sure there's a way to hack it. I can't deal with radio.

carbon
carbon Dork
2/27/15 4:56 p.m.

I've got adapters to plug 30 pin stuff into my toy/lex stuff from usa spec, Ive had pretty good experiences with this brand so far, good support when there were issues. I have an apple 30pin to lightning cable adapter, works fine.

ggarrard
ggarrard GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/27/15 9:18 p.m.

I've used these guys for an iPod adaptor for my Mazda... They don't list for a 2003 Matrix, but it might be worth asking their opinion... http://www.gtacarkits.com/product/toyota-matrix-2005-2008-iphone-aux-kit/

Congrats on the new toy..

sanman
sanman HalfDork
2/27/15 9:36 p.m.

A couple of notes on the XRS from,when I looked at them years ago. The redline of the XRS wad lowered slightly over the celica to reduce the money shifts. The car had a tendency for clutch failure so check the clutch and replace with a stronger aftermarket version if necessary.

carbon
carbon Dork
2/27/15 10:20 p.m.

early celicas ecus have higher limiter iirc

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
2/28/15 3:50 p.m.

If you have to change the clutch do yourself a favor and immediately chop off or knock out that stupid stud that goes from the front-to-rear crossmember DOWN into the 'k-frame' and replace it with a bolt. It makes transmission work on those vehicles needlessly annoying.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zHVjkCbj0sFvuC4OaDyTSDFozJpE35RFXdVgMTFhQSygAutUf56Nhx4JBWCH6Tca