1 2 3 4
Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
5/6/13 1:52 p.m.

Seriously, I doubt I could put it down on a list that would be anything less than several pages. No joke. I've owned over 60 cars at this point. There are several repeats in the list of cars I've owned, so of those 60, I've probably owned 50 different makes/models. Even with that, I think I've barely scratched the surface. Every time I look at CL, I come up with several cars that I say "Ohh, I'd love to have one of those."

If I had to start somewhere, I'd start with a Lotus Elise and a CTS-V wagon.

ArthurDent
ArthurDent HalfDork
5/6/13 2:01 p.m.
mazdeuce wrote: How do you have a 3 cylinder on there and not a 5 cylinder?

None of the five cylinders speak to me as a must own. I'd like a few of the little three bangers though. I'm more of a small car guy than a big one though.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
5/6/13 2:12 p.m.
  • TR-6
  • BMW R 1150 GS
  • Pantera

Ask me again tomorrow for a different list.

Conquest351
Conquest351 UltraDork
5/6/13 2:15 p.m.

I want a new (2010+) SHO so bad I can taste it.

I also want a Hayabusa powered Thunder Roadster.

I REALLY would love to get my old Conquest back and build it correctly, or build another one the way I want. Completely tube frame under StarQuest body with 3" front and 4" rear flared fenders stuffed with badass suspension and brakes. Thinking a Latemodel frame under it or something like that. Parts for the StarQuest are so hard to find and performance parts are non-existant now. It'd be V8 powered for sure. Maybe AWD using Evo drivetrain? Who cares, I would do what I want. LOL

Chris_V
Chris_V UberDork
5/6/13 2:30 p.m.
Klayfish wrote: Seriously, I doubt I could put it down on a list that would be anything less than several pages. No joke. I've owned over 60 cars at this point. There are several repeats in the list of cars I've owned, so of those 60, I've probably owned 50 different makes/models. Even with that, I think I've barely scratched the surface. Every time I look at CL, I come up with several cars that I say "Ohh, I'd love to have one of those." If I had to start somewhere, I'd start with a Lotus Elise and a CTS-V wagon.

I'm with you on this. I've owned over 120 cars, but 30 of them were various customized air cooled VWs (I have so many ideas for custom versions that I could stick weith them forever and never have two identical ones).

THat being said, I ahve yet to own a V12 car, and I'd love to. I've had a lot of cars from various marques, but there are still examples I'd love to own (like an E Type jag or an XJ12C, even thoguh I've already had 3 Jaguars)

Realistically, I'd love a Mercedes 560 SEC, and a BMW 3.0CS, an aforementioned XJ12C, a 750iL, a new BOSS 302, a Hemi Challenger (the new one), and even though I've had a number of British roadsters, I have yet to have a Miata, so put one of those on the list. And I'd have to have a Lotus 7 of some sort after driving one in Scotland a couple years back.

Other than that, the list changes every time I look at Ebay or CL. Oh, look, a Lancia Delta Evo... BRB...

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
5/6/13 2:41 p.m.

There isnt much production based I just have to own at some point in time. My short list of nice weather rides I wouldn't mind having around after I'm out of school;

S3 Jaguar E type roadster 4 speed

59 Cadillac 4 door

911 Classic

I would not mind a Trabant for in town work if one came my way for the right price.

I kind of want a locost, but not enough to build/assemble one.

I want to build a hotrod, out of a Jeep CJ/Wrangler IDK why.

I want to build a sleeper, from a Prius, with a rear/mid mounted Cadillac 500 and TH425 trans axle out of a Eldorado.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
5/6/13 2:46 p.m.

C6 Z06 Vette.

I suspect in 4-5 years one would be attainable. But I don't think I'd want it unless I could afford the consumables for regular track work. I'm not sure that would be attainable unless I only wanted to do 3-4 days per year.

Ashyukun (Robert)
Ashyukun (Robert) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/6/13 3:07 p.m.

So far, I've owned (or own) all of the cars that I drooled over as a teenager except for a MR2 and a Datson 200SX (S110), excluding fairly unrealistic things like a Ferrari Testarossa or 308GTS (thank you, 80's TV ). Then again, I never really expected to check a DeLorean off the list either, so I suppose I shouldn't count the Ferrari's out just yet...

I just hope to own and enjoy lots of cars over the years, likely while keeping the core three that I have now (reliable and plain DD Saturn, fun/exotic in the DeLorean, and power/utility in the El Camino).

Hal
Hal UltraDork
5/6/13 3:16 p.m.

I tend to put vehicles in categories. So far I have had:

Countries: US, British, German, Italian and Japanese.

Engines: Inline 4, V4, Flat 4, Inline 6, V6, Inline 8, V8.

Engine location & Drive: Front engine/front, rear and all wheel drive; Rear engine/rear wheel drive (seem to be missing a mid engine vehicle)

Transmissions: Column shift; 3 and 4 speeds, Floor shift; 3, 4, 5, and 6 speeds.

Seating: 2, 4, 5, and 6 seats (missing a large seating capacity vehicle)

Body style: 2 door convertible and sedan, 4 door sedan, and 2 and 4 door SUVs, 2, 4, and 6 door Trucks and Vans.

Looks like I am missing a mid-engine station wagon with seating for at least 7

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
5/6/13 3:17 p.m.

Something I don't hate or look at in disgust. So basically, my VFR.

fanfoy
fanfoy SuperDork
5/6/13 3:38 p.m.

ArthurDent
ArthurDent HalfDork
5/6/13 3:44 p.m.
Hal wrote: I tend to put vehicles in categories. So far I have had: Countries: US, British, German, Italian and Japanese. Engines: Inline 4, V4, Flat 4, Inline 6, V6, Inline 8, V8. Engine location & Drive: Front engine/front, rear and all wheel drive; Rear engine/rear wheel drive (seem to be missing a mid engine vehicle) Transmissions: Column shift; 3 and 4 speeds, Floor shift; 3, 4, 5, and 6 speeds. Seating: 2, 4, 5, and 6 seats (missing a large seating capacity vehicle) Body style: 2 door convertible and sedan, 4 door sedan, and 2 and 4 door SUVs, 2, 4, and 6 door Trucks and Vans. Looks like I am missing a mid-engine station wagon with seating for at least 7

Could get a Toyota Previa I suppose. A supercharged one!

Mmadness
Mmadness HalfDork
5/6/13 3:45 p.m.

Acura NSX or Honda S2000

BMW M3 or M5 (E46-E60) or a Euro engine E36

Lifted Pickup Truck or lifted Jeep; but an old beet up one, not a garage queen

Jaguar XJ8/ XJR (X350 or X308)

Mazda Miata (duh)

Mini Cooper S w/ 3 pedals

Mercedes Benz S-Class

Porsche 911 GT3 or Cayman/ Boxster w/ 3 pedals

There are a few cars I would like to drive once buy not actually own (ex. Ferrari 355).

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
5/6/13 3:47 p.m.

FD RX7
Rotary (JIC the FD comes pre-V8ed) Cruck (El Camino, Ranchero, Brat...)
Something with t-tops (IROC, the brat could fulfill this one as well)
Something else small and japanese (another starlet, or an MR2, Hachi, 510)

I like setting reasonable goals, especially when I know that I wouldn't be able to leave any of them stock for more than a week or two.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
5/6/13 3:47 p.m.

Very little. My locost-ish datsun streetrod thingy checks most of my boxes:

• build it myself
  • suitable for car shows
  • different than the other stuff at the show
  • old, obscure and cheap
  • more sporting than my daily driver
fritzsch
fritzsch Dork
5/6/13 3:53 p.m.

30s, 40s, or 50s pick up
turns out that was the end of my list.

But thats not to say there aren't cars I want, lust over, etc.

bluej
bluej UberDork
5/6/13 3:56 p.m.

There's only two I'm certain I'll own someday.

1) cayman

2) tr6/datsun s2000 (lbc esque w/ the lines, proportions and not overly pointy/slanty front end)

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UberDork
5/6/13 5:09 p.m.

I've had muscle(68 GTO Ram Air III), I've had pony(2 Shelby Mustangs, and a Cobra Jet Mach 1), British (TVR Vixen S2, and Mrk I Capri's), Italian(Alfa GTV), Swedish(Volvo 1800, and 122, 142, aand SAAB 900), French(Peugeot 405 Mi16) German (84 Rabbit GTI), Japanese(4 rwd Corollas, MkII Supra), AWD(All-Trac Corolla)... I've even owned a truck(70 Ford Courier)....

I'm not sure what isn't still on my list... but I'll know it when I see it.....

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/6/13 5:31 p.m.

I look at my history and while I haven't had as many cars as some, I haven't been left wanting for much.

'69 Charger. Maybe even a General Lee replica. With a Hemi. And a 4 spd. And an exhaust that'll wake the effing dead.

Ferrari. I've been wanting a 550 Maranello for awhile now. Dark blue or black with a tan interior. I want that to be my 3-season daily driver for the last ten years of my working career.

Hal
Hal UltraDork
5/6/13 5:44 p.m.
ArthurDent wrote:
Hal wrote: I tend to put vehicles in categories. So far I have had: Countries: US, British, German, Italian and Japanese. Engines: Inline 4, V4, Flat 4, Inline 6, V6, Inline 8, V8. Engine location & Drive: Front engine/front, rear and all wheel drive; Rear engine/rear wheel drive (seem to be missing a mid engine vehicle) Transmissions: Column shift; 3 and 4 speeds, Floor shift; 3, 4, 5, and 6 speeds. Seating: 2, 4, 5, and 6 seats (missing a large seating capacity vehicle) Body style: 2 door convertible and sedan, 4 door sedan, and 2 and 4 door SUVs, 2, 4, and 6 door Trucks and Vans. Looks like I am missing a mid-engine station wagon with seating for at least 7
Could get a Toyota Previa I suppose. A supercharged one!

Already have a supercharged car (2001 Focus). Maybe with a turbo, but I am planning on putting a turbo on the Transit Connect when the warranty runs out.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado UltimaDork
5/6/13 6:01 p.m.

Eh, to me it's like music. I'll never be able to own everything on my list, so I'll just take what time & fate allows for me. Having friends that let me drive stuff I may never own helps.

One thing I hardly ever mention when playing the '10 songs for a desert island' game..I'd spend half my time with the music off, singing another 3-400 as best I can from memory. I'm the same way with cars, really.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/6/13 6:37 p.m.

Triumph Bonneville

Ducati (ANY)

Fenderless hot rod.

NA Miata

NB Miata

68-70 Dodge Charger

R34 Skyline

LainfordExpress
LainfordExpress HalfDork
5/6/13 6:45 p.m.

1997-2001 Acura Integra Type-R

1965-1970, 1987-1993, 2005-2010, 2011+ Ford Mustang (any)

1990-1997 Mazda Miata

1989 Honda Civic Si

Any Porsche 911 Coupe (preferably air cooled)

Caraddict
Caraddict New Reader
5/6/13 6:58 p.m.

BMW M coupe.

Miata First gen.

BMW 318ti

Toyota Starlet

RSX Type S

Scion XB First gen.

JeffHarbert
JeffHarbert GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/6/13 7:31 p.m.

Buy: Miata. C5 Z06. P71. Formula Ford. Ferrari Mondial. FR-S. Recent GTO. HHR, Soul, or Juke (and/or all three).

Build: C4 w/ aluminum 4.8. Turbocharged Protege. '90ish Toyota 4x4 w/ SAS. XJ with OM617. Rat rod with Audi turbo 5.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
y2o8ecOFs3wBxcmU44juXfUmXfVPt26e8MMAcYoMDU3sn3oxfqVGy40kHPR5RDcs