1 2 3 4
nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
5/6/13 7:44 p.m.

I would like to try out a two seater convertible ( miata, s2000, solstice....) A 2011+ mustang A 1966 Chevelle ss 396 ( my dads favorite car he's ever had, we've been looking for one but no luck)

nepa03focus
nepa03focus Dork
5/6/13 7:46 p.m.

Oh I need to add mk1 gti

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
5/6/13 7:50 p.m.

69 Mach 1,

Exocet with 5.0,

Ford GT

Lead sled 50's Ford/Mercury

I have the rest
..........................................................until something catches my eye

Erich
Erich UberDork
5/6/13 7:59 p.m.

Really the only car I would be kind of upset if I never got the chance to own would be a Citroen DS. There are plenty of cars I'd like to own, but for some reason that magical Citroen just captivates me. It will be my first purchase when I'm free of debt and child expenses.

My grandfather admitted the one thing he really regretted before dying was never buying the 49 Mercury he always dreamt of.

LopRacer
LopRacer Dork
5/6/13 8:54 p.m.

Something Prewar WWII and American maybe an open car with a V-8. Nothing fancy, just old and cool.

Miata-since despite it being the "answer" I have yet to own one.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/6/13 9:06 p.m.

The list changes daily.

At the moment, something like this would scratch an itch.

And I've always been partial to these.

Nothing else is really standing out at the moment. I'm pretty happy with what I have now.

Aeromoto
Aeromoto Dork
5/6/13 9:15 p.m.

Reliant Robin, Lotus Cortina, Trabant 601, UAZ 39094

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
5/6/13 11:57 p.m.

I really only have two.

I would love to have a 1993-94 911 RS America, or a clone car...

The second is a bit more pedestrian, but it's one of my attainable dream cars.

I want a 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca edition, but will settle for a regular Boss 302 with the Torsen diff and Recaro seats.

amg_rx7
amg_rx7 SuperDork
5/7/13 12:44 a.m.

Never really got into 'owning' cars for the sake of owning them. Gots to drive them. Preferably on track. Otherwise it's just pissing away money imo.

penultimeta
penultimeta HalfDork
5/7/13 11:57 a.m.

This week? Let's see...

• NA turbo miata

• 03+ P71 with SC or turbo or Lightening swap

• 5.0/T5 swapped Volvo 240 wagon

• 1970 or 71 4 door Dart w/ built 340 + 4 speed Muncie and mods for handling

• 1969 c10 built as a real world hauler

• MGB-GT w/ Rover v8. Must be BRG

• Jaguar series II XJ12

• Locost (or Cobra kit if found 2nd hand for cheap). Pretty much something that I could build from scratch/near scratch

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
5/7/13 12:25 p.m.

I'm forever daydreaming about quitting my IT career and starting a used sports car dealership. I want to own each of the following cars at least once, at least for a little while, so here are my inventory targets:

Under $20,000 shopping list:
- Porsche Boxster S (986) or Boxster (987)
- Honda S2000
- BMW M3 (E46)
- Mazda RX-7 (FD)

$20,000-40,000 shopping list:
- Acura NSX
- Lotus Elise
- Porsche 911 (993 and 997)
- Porsche Cayman S
- BMW M3 (E92)
- Factory Five Cobra

$40,000-75,000 shopping list:
- Porsche 911 GT3 (996)
- Ferrari 360 Modena
- Audi R8

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/7/13 12:47 p.m.

Mark 1 XKE.

The only one I've ever seen in person was at the LeMay car museum. Made my heart flutter.

My goodness what a beautiful car.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar SuperDork
5/7/13 4:28 p.m.

One of these just got added to my list today. Mitsubishi Galant VR4.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/7/13 4:58 p.m.

For me it's pretty simple. I only have really 5 left.

1. Porsche. I'm waiting for the 987 boxsters to come down a bit more to indulge.
  2. V8 powered small roadster. Probably an LS miata. I'm the only one of the family gearheads not to own one. My uncle lead it off with a 327 powered Healey
  3. Corvette. Probably a C3. I would love a C2 but they are stupid priced now.
  4. Some sort of personal luxury coupe on air ride. I've been eying up classic rivieras lately.
  5. I'm working on my last one. Turbo japanese rear drive. I've got the MR2 that I'm working to a nice 260 WHP range for a track/street fun
poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
5/7/13 5:23 p.m.

House

Guns

Ammo

Whiskey

4 door Valiant/Dart slant six boosted to moon.

oldtin
oldtin PowerDork
5/7/13 5:26 p.m.

Nice barn and a wad of cash - what to do with it will adjust to the size of each.

Doc Brown
Doc Brown Dork
5/7/13 8:35 p.m.

I think I would like to sample a Trabant.

Ultimate bucket list is a '63 Corvette split window rat rod with a big block..

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/7/13 8:56 p.m.

My list would be too long to post...then I would think of more.

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/7/13 9:05 p.m.

I have a terrible habit of buying the worst possible example of an envied car possible. Examples- 65/66 mustang(title said one thing, VIN another), MK1 Mr2, AE86, Bugeye Sprite(still haven't given up on this one, despite getting it in Michigan, putting it on a tube frame, welding the doors shut, etc...), Swift GTi(see below), Toyota 4x4 pickup, ...That said, I have one of my dream cars= 83' Starlet(getting GTi engine), Now, I WANT a 65 or 66 Comet or Falcon 2 door hardtop, A V8 RX-7, maybe a Samurai, and, most importantly, a real LOTUS- preferably ELAN +2. Also, I would LOVE to own a nice example of all my missteps.

wspohn
wspohn Dork
5/7/13 9:38 p.m.

I honestly can't think of anything I just have to own. I've had 70 odd cars and still have 9 or 10 in the semi-permanent collection. Got an Italian super car. Got a couple of British traditional sports cars, got a big block American engined GT car (and a lot more fun than a Corvette of the same year) got a couple of the only American sports cars I'd want to own (wouldn't want a Corvette or Viper), got a nice V8 touring GT car, don't really want anything else.

The cars I have owned in the past have spanned the full spectrum and helped me weed out what I do and do not enjoy owning and the ones I own are the ones, by and large, that I want to own. Except that I should really pare down the fleet a bit.

92dxman
92dxman SuperDork
5/7/13 9:53 p.m.

I'm pretty happy with my Fit. Once this one craps out, i'll probably go and buy another one. Other than that, I wouldn't mind a cheapo Forester to play in the mud with. A Ford Ranger Splash with with some suspension work and white letter tires is something i'd rock also.

ae86andkp61
ae86andkp61 GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/12/13 2:08 a.m.

My list is short in comparison to some:

-A Locost/Lotus/Caterham Seven

-A microcar

-Something V-12-powered

If push really comes to shove, the rest I am happy to test-drive, watch, or dream about.

If I win the lottery, a Ferrari could be added to the list, but as it is, I like my fun buy fairly low-paying job and I like my lifestyle, and an Italian exotic isn't worth messing up everything I've got going for me now.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
5/12/13 8:18 a.m.

Full sized Bronco

Loving that Exocet, but not sure about importation to Canada

A Guzzi (someday...)

A 60s or 70s large barge coupe - not a Cadillac though

NGTD
NGTD PowerDork
5/12/13 8:33 a.m.

A rally car and a chance to turn the wheel in anger.

That's it.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy UberDork
5/12/13 11:56 a.m.

hmmmm... giving more thought to this....

I want a Hartley powered rwd something... small, about Volvo 1800, E7 Corolla, or Datsun 510 sized...

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B2hh3qJRVc9jleyYjz4MCHQY35vBjxO610NX5fMvMtO2MvZS7AkdlwDRotoKxhAQ