1 2 3
njansenv
njansenv HalfDork
3/10/11 3:05 p.m.
ZOO wrote: Remind me why I shouldn't fly out to CA (I'm off all next week) and buy the brown Carrera and drive it home? Do I really want to continue saving for an Elise, when I could have this?

Please do. Seriously.... it'll save me a trip, and save my savings.

I REALLY want this car. So does my wife.....a dangerous combination.

Stavros
Stavros New Reader
3/11/11 12:47 p.m.
rogerbvonceg wrote: Mistake. Brown is good, especially on the 70's 911s. White is so..."Me Too." But, on a race car, white is certainly better for the sponsors.

"Me Too" colors are much easier to sell and tend to have much higher values. It's like my car has an invisible "For Sale" sign on it now that I can't see but everyone else can.

rogerbvonceg
rogerbvonceg Reader
3/11/11 4:31 p.m.
Stavros wrote:
rogerbvonceg wrote: Mistake. Brown is good, especially on the 70's 911s. White is so..."Me Too." But, on a race car, white is certainly better for the sponsors.
"Me Too" colors are much easier to sell and tend to have much higher values. It's like my car has an invisible "For Sale" sign on it now that I can't see but everyone else can.

Honestly, I've never seen a 911 with a "bad" color. I prefer some over others, but the 911, for reasons a designer might understand, accepts just about anything. I think maybe the shape itself is just that powerful (in an artistic sense).

One of my favorites is that electric green from '77. Your white one looks great, too, btw. I just think I would have kept it "original" if it were mine. (But it isn't, so there.)

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
3/12/11 7:18 a.m.
Hoop wrote: Lest we forget that the 911 McQueen drove in the beginning of Le Mans was brown... ish.

Yep, it was brown. And now, it is for sale. RM is selling McQueen's 911S in Monterey.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fTpT9t4uIZNClQrYiWkdASCxxvMw9QFA7YwY0zQHwyd22DvuvBIBO0l5rsALG9ah