1 2 3 4 5 6
ebelements
ebelements Reader
4/29/20 9:41 a.m.

The Acura CL posted a page back was actually one of their most attractive and interesting sedans, yeah I said it.

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/29/20 10:55 a.m.

Here’s my submission: As a whole it’s certainly not Mosley-level hideous, but to me that front end just isn’t right.

CJ (It's Just a Flesh Wound)
CJ (It's Just a Flesh Wound) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/29/20 11:06 a.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) said:
CJ (It's Just a Flesh Wound) said:

Disagree! I was 6 years old when the Prowler debuted in Detroit. I thought it was awesome. As we all know, young children preside over the high court of automotive styling :P

I am not sure why I don't like the Prowler, maybe the front bumper and whole grill/headlight setup.  Maybe its that I was a bit older than 6 when they came out ;=)

I think it could have been a good looking car, but somehow they just missed the mark.

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
4/29/20 11:46 a.m.

My F500 may fit in this thread, I'm responsible for the rear cowl and am the first to admit the styling is a bit "unresolved" although not as bad as without the cowl.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/29/20 1:18 p.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

Disagree! I was 6 years old when the Prowler debuted in Detroit. I thought it was awesome. As we all know, young children preside over the high court of automotive styling :P

I am not sure why I don't like the Prowler, maybe the front bumper and whole grill/headlight setup.  Maybe its that I was a bit older than 6 when they came out ;=)

I think it could have been a good looking car, but somehow they just missed the mark.

Well I was 28 when they came out and I still like them.  The bumpers were to make it legal.  Most of the ones I see on the road have them removed and it helps.  People complained that it was a V6 auto, but to me that worked perfectly for it's intended purpose.  A friend of the family in the UK had one, sadly he passed a couple of years ago and I don't know what happened to it.

2001 Plymouth Prowler - Front Bumper RemovalPlymouth Prowler Bumper removal fairingsPlymouth Prowler Bumper removal fairings

Wally (Forum Supporter)
Wally (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/29/20 1:29 p.m.

I really like the Prowler.  When they first came out I knew a guy that bought one and drove it daily except in deep snow and said it was as good as anything else at being a car but didn't look like every other bland jellybean in a parking lot. 

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon HalfDork
4/29/20 2:21 p.m.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
4/29/20 2:39 p.m.
Indy-Guy (Forum Jock Strap) said:

The Corbin Sparrow! I've looked for one in the rust belt for awhile; no idea how many of the original ~240 are still left.

4/29/20 2:50 p.m.
MotorsportsGordon said:

More wrongess in this thread.  The Alfa Zagato's are epic 80's cool, even if they were really 90's cars.

4/29/20 2:50 p.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:
Indy-Guy (Forum Jock Strap) said:

The Corbin Sparrow! I've looked for one in the rust belt for awhile; no idea how many of the original ~240 are still left.

You'd think they could park something that size within the lines.  Maybe it's just a comment on the inteligence needed to have bought one new.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/29/20 2:56 p.m.

Just goes to show that everyone's different, but the Prowler is one of the few cars that I think looks better with the bumper. Also, I'd be much less nervous driving the thing around with them on.

jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter)
jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter) New Reader
4/29/20 3:07 p.m.

As lovely as the first gen Sparrow is, I really think Sparrow2 was a serious leap forward in ugly.

Im sure the golf ball styled turbulators do wonders for the aero, and really help extend the range, but come on now...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/29/20 3:12 p.m.

Bond Bug cause I have always looked a wedge of cheese said that would make a good car.

Horrible looking horrible driving piece of retro wannabe crap.

Nissan S-cargo

4/29/20 3:19 p.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic :

Three more I like not loath!!!

Old_Town
Old_Town New Reader
4/29/20 4:22 p.m.

I know, I know function over form but...

BionicTigerShark (Forum Supporter)
BionicTigerShark (Forum Supporter) New Reader
4/29/20 5:04 p.m.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
4/29/20 5:12 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to 93EXCivic :

Three more I like not loath!!!

I like the S-Cargo and the Bug but they were beat with an ugly stick.

There is no redeeming qualities to a PT Cruiser though.

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/29/20 5:15 p.m.

You really have to hand it to Rambler.

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/29/20 5:22 p.m.

spandak
spandak HalfDork
4/29/20 5:45 p.m.
jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter) said:

As lovely as the first gen Sparrow is, I really think Sparrow2 was a serious leap forward in ugly.

Im sure the golf ball styled turbulators do wonders for the aero, and really help extend the range, but come on now...

This isn't a good looking car but it goes to show that RPF1s work on literally anything

jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter)
jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter) New Reader
4/29/20 8:20 p.m.

In reply to spandak :

Yes, point taken!

stroker
stroker UberDork
4/30/20 6:54 a.m.

Page 4 and no Azteks yet?

gearheadmb
gearheadmb SuperDork
4/30/20 7:13 a.m.
nimblemotorsports said:

In reply to Tony Sestito :

I haven't got to the end yet so haven't seen it yet, but the early 60's dart was quite hideous IMO.

There was one of these at a local car show that had a bumper sticker that said "It thinks you're ugly too"

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/30/20 7:27 a.m.

In reply to mr2s2000elise :

I have set of these wheels waiting to be restored, they won't be going on a zimmer though. Doesn't a forum member have a well worked over consulier? Johnny B or something? Barbie colors? I think they are cool.

Tom1200
Tom1200 Dork
4/30/20 9:55 a.m.

There's a house in a neighborhood I sometimes drive through that has two Zimmers on the driveway; they both appear to be running and driven. The same neighborhood has a guy with a Chevette and a Mercury Bobcat in his driveway....I'm pretty sure it's the gateway to the Twighlight Zone. 

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I4BQpGc3tgk4yKjyAbVs2Gwm96m85lssCSmTUZ5N4XRHlTuodjaEMKZzD9Xr2Qrq