1 2
TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
10/21/24 10:46 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:

I was just talking to JG about the Lightning: For the most part, it’s just strangely normal–like, it looks, feels and drives like a regular F-150.

I think this is one of the best things about it.  For years, the EV's and hybrids were made to look like spaceships. Im glad many of them are now basically indistinguishable from ICE vehicles.

I rode in Tom's lightning for a quick hardware store trip. Its really nice. Just as comfy as a normal F-150(no shade there, I'm quite "at home" in a modern F-150 crew cab) but also silent, smooth and stupid fast!  There is a whole lot to like about it. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
10/21/24 10:52 a.m.

So, how normal the Lightning is:

Our dog is short enough to take a shortcut that clips beneath the corner of back bumper and, for a minute I thought, Be careful of the hot muffler!

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/21/24 11:00 a.m.

I'm still waiting on an actual work truck with a long bed. I'm reasonably certain they will never build it when they can sell gussied-up fancy ones for $90k. 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
10/21/24 1:22 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

The boys on Reddit are saying there can be had for under $50k brand new. dealers just want to move them.   I think this truck would cover 95%+ of my usage.   I could rent something for the long or big tows. 

cheapest in this thread is some crazy $39k deal. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/F150Lightning/s/egpQ35SYZ1

I truly doubt a Platinum Lighting can be had for $50K brand new.  Looks like a lot of those posts are XLTs (and have deducted the tax incentive)

Apples to apples. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EdOXORUDUsbirnEPU9jtz5sdd7msEmiaAZ2TITYhxSQRt7z3q7QPXMPVzccdPbfL