1 2 3 4
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
10/31/23 5:55 p.m.

Ooooh

Old fart says:  Borla exhaust for EV trucks is like video games vs. WTW racing.     

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/31/23 10:19 p.m.
brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to BoxheadTim :

I'm here in town and can't get in. Not in the industry plus down here with wife going to concerts like U2. Only day l could possibly go is Friday. We leave Thursday night figures huh!

I think you can still cruise the various cars in the outdoor lot, no? Iirc the buildings are industry only. 

Tom1200
Tom1200 PowerDork
10/31/23 11:33 p.m.

If anyone needs some good local mom and pop restaurant recommendations while you're in town let me know.

Tom Suddard
11/1/23 2:53 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:
brad131a4 (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to BoxheadTim :

I'm here in town and can't get in. Not in the industry plus down here with wife going to concerts like U2. Only day l could possibly go is Friday. We leave Thursday night figures huh!

I think you can still cruise the various cars in the outdoor lot, no? Iirc the buildings are industry only. 

Yep, correct. Still plenty to see without a pass, but the buildings are for industry people. 

Tom Suddard
11/1/23 2:54 a.m.
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) said:

Old fart says:  Borla exhaust for EV trucks is like video games vs. WTW racing.     

Yeah, I don't get it. But I don't get a lot of the stuff for sale at SEMA, so there's probably somebody who wants it. It seems like a very well thought-out solution that happens to be for a problem I don't have. 

Tom Suddard
11/1/23 2:56 a.m.

I found some Bluetooth driveshafts on my way out of the show:

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve HalfDork
11/1/23 8:33 a.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

I'm going to be in Vegas for AU in a couple weeks and wouldn't mind some recommendations :)

Tom Suddard
11/1/23 11:33 a.m.

Sweet, a Ridgeline!

Tom Suddard
11/1/23 11:34 a.m.

I love love love some of the tire names. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/1/23 1:20 p.m.

So I’m guessing those Bluetooth driveline parts shed rotational mass? 

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 HalfDork
11/1/23 1:25 p.m.

On good authority, those types of trucks are a nightmare to move into a convention center under the best of circumstances and fighting the transfer case isn't the best of circumstances pull the driveshafts and it's a little easier. 

darkbuddha
darkbuddha HalfDork
11/1/23 1:27 p.m.

Any chance y'all can get over to the Toyo Tires display and get some pics of JH Restorations Merkur RS4TI? Asking or a friend. :P

Tom Suddard
11/1/23 3:57 p.m.

I found the Georgia Tech Wreck Racing alums. Surprise surprise, they're doing cool stuff at Ampere EV. If all goes according to plan, we'll have this car at the FIRM before too long for an instrumented test. 

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/1/23 4:00 p.m.
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) said:

I used to drive Colony Park Mercurys... I love customs... great craftmanship.          but... fugly

You think you hate it now, but wait till you drive it!

msterbee
msterbee Reader
11/1/23 6:17 p.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

Go find this car......Oh My God, Someone Put A 2JZ In A Jaguar E-Type And It’s Perfect - The Autopian

2jz Xke

It's unfortunate that they used the ugliest version of that car (2+2).  Maybe they figured no one would complain too much as opposed to doing this with a Series 1 FHC. 

Tom Suddard
11/1/23 6:27 p.m.

Next stop Shell... I've got a meeting that should be a bit more fun than usual. 

Tom Suddard
11/1/23 6:45 p.m.

First stop, a few demonstrations from Shell scientists explaining why their premium fuel is the best:

Tom Suddard
11/1/23 6:46 p.m.

Next up, a ride in an RTR drift car:

Tom Suddard
11/1/23 7:13 p.m.

Okay, that was a pretty awesome meeting. I rode with Chelsea Denofa who killed it--10/10, no notes, and we even talked about LFX swaps. Video coming soon. 

te72
te72 HalfDork
11/2/23 12:04 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

That's too bad Keith, perhaps it only passed the House, but not the Senate, or vice versa. I thought there was good news on that one, last I heard.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UberDork
11/2/23 10:38 a.m.

I heard from my son yesterday.  He had gone quiet on me for the past week or so because he knew he couldn't keep a secret and would end up telling me he was going to SEMA.  He face timed me when he hit the show floor to surprise me.  Ended up walking through the show with face time on so I could kinda experience it with him.  Several times I'd ask him to stop and turn right or left because I saw something as he passed by.  His neck will be sore from looking at all the stuff.

I realized that he grew up around car stuff and SEMA was something we'd talked about since he was young.  Unlike quite a few of the people on this board, I'm just a car guy and not in the industry at all. SEMA would always be an unobtainable thing I'd only be able to see in pictures and videos.  Furthermore, being a "part" of SEMA was akin to winning the lottery. 
Last night, it hit me that my 22 year old kid not only has a ticket to SEMA as a vendor, he also did most of the fab work on the car displayed.  Needless to say, I let him know how incredibly proud I was that he'd done that.  He said it was a life goal that he can check off. 

Again, I'm sure the SEMA vets on this board might smile at something that's just part of their normal job, but I wanted to give a glimpse of someone's first time experience.

-Rob

Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard GRM+ Memberand Marketing Coordinator
11/2/23 12:22 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

Grass update: it's not looking too good

Nicole Suddard
Nicole Suddard GRM+ Memberand Marketing Coordinator
11/2/23 12:58 p.m.

Our neighbors on the other side, ACL Race Series Performance Engine Bearings, were kind enough to share some of their Australian candies:

msterbee
msterbee Reader
11/2/23 1:41 p.m.

In reply to Nicole Suddard :

G'day mate!!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KTqtfFuxrUveSxKkA4VpXE6Hgj2MP3q7qJImvuteqgzZNah3yNNV5cKIlChQXC9t