1 2 3
Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
10/22/23 11:59 a.m.

Starting the real work.  This tire needed some heat to come in but was super consistency once it did.  Audible feedback announced compound turn-on.  Quiet when cool.  Easy to drive, very intuitive.  

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
10/22/23 12:13 p.m.

And the real works begins...

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
10/22/23 12:37 p.m.

This tire was more responsive, but edgier at the limit.  And less overall grip.

Had to stay out longer due to a couple of balked laps but tire was very consistent. 

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
10/22/23 1:19 p.m.

Tire #3 was best of both worlds.  More grip and better response than #1.   Feel was better than lap time differential, though.  Time to go back to #1 to try and repeat.  

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
10/22/23 1:22 p.m.

Refuel car, refuel driver.  

My snack of choice is banana dipped in organic peanut butter.  Yum!

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
10/22/23 2:02 p.m.

Back on tire #1 we went just a smidge faster than prior.  We'll look at the data to find out why later.  Happy that our data is good, though.  This is always the most stressful time, cuz if the brackets don't match, we have to keep going.

Davidlu03
Davidlu03 GRM+ Member
10/22/23 10:25 p.m.

I have my guesses as to which tire is which, I'm assuming it'll be two or so months before results are published ? 

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
10/23/23 7:33 a.m.
Davidlu03 said:

I have my guesses as to which tire is which, I'm assuming it'll be two or so months before results are published ? 

Print, yes.

But the online version of tire tests usually goes up pretty quickly...available to subs and GRM+ account holders.

I should have words written this week (ten days of rain in the forecast) and pics are shot but not edited.  Then David's folks paste it up (electronically) and make my engineer-speak sound more interesting.  :)

Davidlu03
Davidlu03 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/23/23 8:53 a.m.
Andy Hollis said:
Davidlu03 said:

Print, yes.

But the online version of tire tests usually goes up pretty quickly...available to subs and GRM+ account holders.

I should have words written this week (ten days of rain in the forecast) and pics are shot but not edited.  Then David's folks paste it up (electronically) and make my engineer-speak sound more interesting.  :)

Nice ! This is literally the only reason I subscribe ! (Hope the magazine sees this) hahah

Andy Hollis
Andy Hollis
1/29/24 7:37 a.m.

Circling around on this...the full story on this test is now both online and in the current GRM print issue.

Have a look...

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/kumho-v730-vs-yokohama-ad09-vs-nexen-sport-r/

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5Wm5REdz1OcSYo6gtHeVlYLTWYJ5qU9NktyusZgVREnj1KROLTsBut6eVNqSggyB