1 2
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/2/24 12:52 p.m.

But props to the stitching:

David S. Wallens
4/2/24 12:52 p.m.

And a photo of your connections for connecting things that need to be connected.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/2/24 1:45 p.m.

Are the plastics really low rent and awful? The one we had was not an SR, it was Enterprise longwoods.....finest ....and my god. 

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/2/24 2:03 p.m.

I know it's not GRMs fault and they are dealing with what the market has, but I can still be sad that 0-60 is less important then 0-Carplay.  

rjracin240
rjracin240 New Reader
4/2/24 2:20 p.m.

In reply to Dootz :

Unfortunately nissan has lost it, they have their z but when do you ever see one out in the wild?

Sad, especially when you look at what they have produced in the past.

Long time since I took time to read a GRM article, used to be exciting reading about a new car, suspension, 0-60, steering feel, how it went around a corner.  Apparently not so much any more, how much does the glove box hold, has knobs and dials like old school, yawn. Hopefully the next president will bring some excitement back to the automotive world and let the car makers bring excitement back.

David S. Wallens
4/2/24 2:33 p.m.

In reply to rjracin240 :

If it’s a worthy car, it gets a full track test with data.

Click here to find those track tests: Corvette Z06, BMW M2, Honda Civic Type R, Toyota Supra, VW Golf R, Subaru BRZ, Mazda MX-5, Nissan Z, Hyundai Elantra N, etc., etc. Plus that link will also take you to track tests of old faves, like the E46 BMW M3. 

For the “regular” weekly cars that come through, we hold open phones. Like we’re doing here with the Sentra SR. 

And are you more into watching than reading? We produce track test videos, too–and, again, with data. You can find them on YouTube, and I’ll drop one here to make things simpler.

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed UltraDork
4/2/24 3:46 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:
Feedyurhed said:

I had a 91 Sentra SE-R that I purchased new. Loved it. This is not that. Still it looks nice and will probably be perfectly acceptable for most buyers. As you mentioned this would be transformed by a six speed manual. Most people don't want manuals anymore.....I do. I can't do a CVT no matter how good it's claimed to be. 

So, if the current Sentra chassis got 200 horsepower and a six-speed manual, would that be worthy of the SE-R badge? I’m picturing a Civic Si competitor. 

At least 200 horsepower........better yet 230-240. And a manual. Still don't know if that would be worthy of a SE-R badge. The first gen SE-R, 91-94 was just almost magical. One of those cars that did so much so well at an affordable price. It's successor, the 200sx SE-R lost the feeling. The other Sentra SE-R's after that didn't have it either. Seems like Nissan has just lost it's way since then. Maybe the GT-R?  A completely different level. Dunno......just not interested in Nissan anymore. 

JimS
JimS Reader
4/2/24 5:24 p.m.

I like Nissan's styling on their new cars. In the triangle area of NC there are lots if Nissans except for the Z. My brother had an 86 or 87 Maxima, v6, 5 speed. An awesome car. It's to bad they lost their way. 

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
4/3/24 9:35 a.m.

I don't have any pictures, but shoutout to the guy who brought his latest-gen Maxima to the FIRM. 

We were there testing the non-Type S Integra (I think), and he looked like he was having a great time.

David S. Wallens
4/3/24 11:32 a.m.

In reply to JimS :

Our family had two of those boxy Maximas. At the time, they were everywhere. 

Jettaman
Jettaman New Reader
7/11/24 1:37 p.m.

I agree with Dootz. More hot small sedans dam it. Yeah I'm 70 and still enjoy small cars that move with a stick shift.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iPnBofUNX2v8UFNTOEQrDfSPIxOZVLoeB22qpZr3L8OZ2kztoT3kEpjMApcmoVGf