J.A. Ackley
J.A. Ackley Senior Editor
9/26/23 10:06 a.m.
feature_image

Want to see a stage rally with participants from places such as the U.K., France and Ecuador? Just go to the land of London, Paris and Florence. No, not Europe. Head to Kentucky, where this past weekend they held the Boone Forest Rally, an ARA regional event, in McKee, Kentucky.

“Rally racing in Kentucky–we’re on the cutting edge,” says …

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/26/23 10:10 a.m.

It's really cool to hear such high praise from European rally drivers.

As always, I can't wait to see what else is in store.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
9/26/23 10:16 a.m.

Psst- that's Jamie and Lauren Lambert there in the photo.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/26/23 10:40 a.m.

Backroads of Appalachia really has organized the best incubator for hillclimb and stage rally in North America. 

J.A. Ackley
9/26/23 11:09 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Fixed. Thank you. The results had different names.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
9/26/23 11:11 a.m.

In reply to J.A. Ackley :

There was a last minute change and Lauren hopped in to codrive for Keenan, I think.

J.A. Ackley
9/27/23 8:51 a.m.

In reply to Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

Indeed! They're making Appalachia the place to be for motorsports. 

J.A. Ackley
9/27/23 8:51 a.m.

In reply to Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

Indeed! They're making Appalachia the place to be for motorsports. 

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/27/23 12:29 p.m.

In reply to J.A. Ackley :

I'd go as far as to say that they're making Appalachia a destination for motorsports, which is a realization of their goal. The region is ripe for a rallypark and school to open that also offers storage and service for people from the southeast, Mid Atlantic and Northeast to both train and practice on site and also not have to tow their vehicles back and forth for each event, as a 2-4 hour drive is a lot better than a 8-14 hour drive...each way. 

Factor in the number of tire manufacturers in Greenville, SC, and TN and auto manufacturers in SC and TN and add in an off road park and driving school for jeep types and I honestly suspect that it'd be a winner. 

DavyZ
DavyZ New Reader
9/27/23 3:05 p.m.

I am so glad that KY is taking a keen interest in this!  With a lot of other states prohibiting this kind of racing, I am loving the idea of US Rally races relatively close to me (NC).  The Appalachian hill climb events are awesome too.  I want to enter one of those once my 240Z is 'finished'.   The southern states have the forests, the roads, and the desire to make it happen laugh

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SjEvTmn5bUUdFitsBnaUinAypIoyIvvU64VnF5oUoqskNj9A3DA5BMU1OFDmaavR