problemaddict
problemaddict New Reader
5/28/08 4:48 p.m.

I'm new car shopping and have found a pretty good deal on an '05 Subie Outback XT. 13k mi and $15.8k. The problem is that its ugly as sin (teal and gray) and tall. Does Legacy suspension stuff swap right over? I seem to have a vague recollection that things aren't that easy....

The other problem is that this car is at a dealership 2 hrs away. So on that note, anyone closer to southeast PA selling a Legacy GT, Forester XT, or Outback XT w/ a MANUAL tranny with less than 45,000mi and somewhere around $14-16k? Also interested in an Altima 3.5se 5-speed w/ the same mileage/price requ.

THANKS

-Mike

Nashco
Nashco Dork
5/28/08 5:11 p.m.

nasioc.com is a great place to do some searching, TONS of valuable info in there if you're willing to use the search there.

Bryce

Hocrest
Hocrest New Reader
5/28/08 7:02 p.m.

Or go to http://ultimatesubaru.org/forum/ and you won't have to deal with the Nabisco crap...

I don't know on the 05's, on the older Legs/OBs it was an easy swap.

Dwight Varnes
Dwight Varnes SuperDork
5/29/08 5:14 a.m.

Woah...go over to NASIOC and do some research with the search button. I don't know for '05, but the earlier Legacy Outbacks could not be lowered easily. What I read is that the rear has extra spring perches welded to the chassis that aren't removable.

The solution for us, if we go Legacy this time, is to get a non-Outback model. My wife hates the two-tone and all the Outback geek stuff anyway.

It does not appear this is an issue on the Forester or OBS.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AkDQJfzhzJksURpZKqvdvn58qpP4cGdMM0D1epBjOv1VmruO2g6fcXJl1sXAwFxa