1 2 3 ... 6
fastclown
fastclown New Reader
7/21/08 9:05 p.m.

While I mentioned before, Hot Import Nights really isn't my thing, but I figured they would love Minissan. Wow, was I right. It was the stand out car among the few hundred cars. The looks on the faces when they saw the engine was priceless. Some came back 3-4 times to look again. I enjoyed it but it's soooo LOUD in there that's hard to talk about the car without loosing your voice. I spent almost 1 1/2 hours with 2 judges. As far as awards, Minissan won Best of Show Wild Class and Hottest Engineered Vehicle. The best of show trophy is about 1' taller than the car. Here are some pics... Note the Ipod Nano that drops down from the overhead sound system. The chrome nitrous bottle for shows and street is a 6.5" JL Audio sub. I made from an expired dive tank. It sounds GREAT!!! I spent a lot of the night wiping butt prints off the door... I learned models have greasy butts. I'll probably be taking it to HIN in Miami on December 20. If GRM allows it to be a exibition car at the Challenge, we'll be there

GRM1964
GRM1964 New Reader
7/21/08 9:14 p.m.

Congrats Guido! You really outdid yourself with the Minisaan.

Bill

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/21/08 9:53 p.m.

that wasn't grease....

atlantamx3
atlantamx3 Dork
7/21/08 9:58 p.m.

Dayumn!!

Score!!

littleturquoiseb
littleturquoiseb Reader
7/21/08 10:23 p.m.

Anything else get butt prints on it??

Congrats!!

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/21/08 10:57 p.m.

The gal on the bottom right looks like she's cutting a painful fart... and the one to her left looks like she's smelling it.

And that's a fantastic vehicle by the way. Major kudos.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill HalfDork
7/22/08 7:21 a.m.

Girls fart? You gotta be kidding me?

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
7/22/08 8:27 a.m.

The girl with the Jolly Roger tie looks like she's disgusted with the girl who farted.

The car looks great, Guido!

Mental
Mental SuperDork
7/22/08 11:49 a.m.

OK, all the trash I talked about that car on the old board I officially take back. Great looking car Guido. Even if GRM won't let you run exhibition, you should come anyway.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/22/08 11:53 a.m.

Holy crap. You gotta add that one to Reader Rides.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
7/22/08 12:23 p.m.

Work out the details with Per, but we would lovet to have you and the car at teh $2008 Challenge for exhibition only. We will have the now running Berzerkeley there too.

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT New Reader
7/22/08 12:38 p.m.

Why is Minissan exhibition only?

David

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/22/08 12:47 p.m.

It tipped above the $2000.00 mark when Tim made it known that the cost of your slave children would have to be counted towards your budget.

Since Guido pays top dollar for his craftsmen, he knew he would have to run it where the top dollar cars run... H.I.N.

Mike that car makes me want to punch Miatas, in a good way.

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
7/22/08 2:59 p.m.

You are a clown among mortals...or something. I hope to have that level of skill, not to mention dedication some day. Well, that and a steady unemployment check...and endless free labor. Seriously gweedy, fantastic job. Congrats!

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
7/22/08 3:09 p.m.

I wasn't aware of a reason it wouldn't be legal for the straight-up event...did you go over?

whatever...get in touch with me, we want you there.

fastclown
fastclown New Reader
7/23/08 4:54 p.m.

"did you go over? " Did you see all the chrome, it's not silver paint I'll be calling you, so yes, there will be a Minissan vs. Turderkly showdown! I'll bring a picnic basket and wait at the end of the drag strip for you.

Salanis
Salanis Dork
7/23/08 4:57 p.m.

The shiny chrome is drowned out by the halo of Awesome.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
7/23/08 5:49 p.m.

chrome.. what chrome.. I'm blinded by the...

's

Mental
Mental SuperDork
7/23/08 6:29 p.m.
fastclown wrote: "did you go over? " Did you see all the chrome, it's not silver paint I'll be calling you, so yes, there will be a Minissan vs. Turderkly showdown! I'll bring a picnic basket and wait at the end of the drag strip for you.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/24/08 9:08 a.m.

Nice car, but it isn't a real Mini. Real Mini's had 4cyl and were front wheel drive.

It isn't a Beon, so maybe it is a Ninny.

Stuc
Stuc Reader
7/24/08 9:40 a.m.

Congrats man!!! That's awesome to have a homebuilt car to score that high at such a big competition! I love big wheels on back

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/24/08 9:47 a.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: Nice car, but it isn't a real Mini. Real Mini's had 4cyl and were front wheel drive. It isn't a Beon, so maybe it is a Ninny.

Turn the servers off everyone go home, Joe wins.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
7/24/08 10:07 a.m.

So if it doesn't go, chrome it?

EricM
EricM Reader
7/24/08 10:27 a.m.

Um, Nice car and congrats. The girls on the other hand are nasty.

CRABILL
CRABILL
7/24/08 12:57 p.m.

Mike, No matter how much you spent on your car, I'm not sure you would have a chance in the challenge. Drags you will certainly be seconds slower than the Nelson train. AutoX you will most likely be well off the leaders pace (the leader will most likely have an ultra light well sorted machine). Show.......well just look at last year’s winner, apparently shinny, meticulously fabricated works of art are not the flavor of the day. Looks to me like you should stick to the import crowd. Don't get me wrong, it's a great effort,just don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

1 2 3 ... 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9Mf5X8DEiXfJa5nP2tIkIUujiG3fEN9pktf7bnp1aDRFRRJG8FFLGQXMSffjyBBw