1 2 3 4 5 6
MrJoshua
MrJoshua Dork
7/25/08 10:50 a.m.

Builder/racer challenge?

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
7/25/08 10:54 a.m.

If we did that, we'd have to lower the entry age to 8 or 10 so Mike's builders could enter.

Margie

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/25/08 11:00 a.m.
Marjorie Suddard wrote: If we did that, we'd have to lower the entry age to 8 or 10 so Mike's builders could enter.

Nice!

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/25/08 11:18 a.m.

MtDew + Nostrils + keyboard. Thanks Margie.

You know I was just thinking that most of Mikes first generation of workers are getting towards 18 years old now.

Scary.

CRABILL
CRABILL New Reader
7/25/08 12:22 p.m.

P you know better than trying to make sence of Mike's on the fly rules of engagement. I'm a bit suprised he isn't mandating that big floppy shoes must be worn, or pehaps the Berzerkly driver must grow a mullet.

fastclown
fastclown New Reader
7/25/08 3:32 p.m.

I figured that with Denny's extensive drag racing background, and the fact that he watches it on TV, wouldn't it be more fun to go head to head?!? Beating that silly little car is one thing, but to see the look on Denny's face is quite another... Since he gets lost in a Wal-Mart parking lot, I'm sure a "pro" would do better in the autocross which is fine with me. As far as the mullet, it wouldn't be fare for the Turderkly to have something I don't. So is the Turderkly going to compete???????????

My "kid" builders from the $1,500 Challenge are now in their 20's!

aircooled
aircooled Dork
7/25/08 3:37 p.m.

Well, clearly a clown outfit is appropriate for the Minissan. What is the required dress for the Berzerkly, I'm going to say a Hippie outfit.

CRABILL
CRABILL New Reader
7/25/08 3:40 p.m.

eerily similar to Mike's look without the clown garb.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/25/08 4:01 p.m.

There's nothing hippy about the berzerkely.

John Brown
7/25/08 4:15 p.m.

Berkeley, Ca is hippieville and a Berkeley from Florida is a hippievillian.

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
7/26/08 8:28 p.m.

Required dress would definitely be ladies underwear.

"Berkeley Cars Ltd produced small cars designed by Laurie Bond in the Berkeley caravan factory owned by Charles Panter. The factory was later used by Kayser Bondor to make women's underwear, but it has now been demolished and the site turned over to housing."

fastclown
fastclown New Reader
7/28/08 2:12 p.m.

Maybe it's just me, but, I'm getting the feeling that the Turderkly won't be participating in the "showdown". How about it GRMers??

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
7/28/08 2:34 p.m.

The Berzerkeley shoots fire and likes clowns the way tornadoes like trailer parks.

John Brown
7/28/08 3:10 p.m.

Leave me out of this with your midwestern wit.

I am holey-er than you ;)

John Brown
7/29/08 1:47 p.m.

Hey Mike, it sounds like Per is afraid of taking the Bterdekely onto the road course at Gainesville, according to one post the road course is set up for " high horsepower" cars not theirs.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
7/29/08 2:06 p.m.

I'm not afraid of putting someone else in the car and having them race Guido.

John Brown
7/29/08 2:19 p.m.

Nice ;)

Mental
Mental SuperDork
7/30/08 12:12 a.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: I'm not afraid of putting someone else in the car and having them race Guido.

I"LL DO IT!!!!! I have a firesuit, I did Panoz and Faast as well as a motorcycle school here at Pueblo. I will soooo drive that beast. Plus, I am down to a svelte 185 lbs, and your taxes cover my health care. Its win win for all of us.

I ain't saying I could win, but please, I could beat some clown

Wall-e
Wall-e GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/30/08 1:25 a.m.

Just make sure some clown doesn't try to add the baby Schroeder to his labor pool

vazbmw
vazbmw New Reader
7/30/08 11:58 p.m.

The is a completely wonderful creation. Thanks for building it

fastclown
fastclown New Reader
7/31/08 6:29 a.m.

"I will soooo drive that beast." Silly kids, the Monster always beats the "beast".

"I did Panoz and Faast as well as a motorcycle school " EVERYBODY is a race car driver. "I could beat some clown" bring it on You might want to build your own Turderkly, I doubt the GRM Turd' will make it past the show tent

John Brown
7/31/08 6:37 a.m.

Wait... Mike what happened to the Paddle Shifter?

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
7/31/08 6:40 a.m.

I can see the headlines already.....Mega Money Mini stomps the Budget Beater Berk.

CRABILL
CRABILL New Reader
7/31/08 6:50 a.m.

375 HP WOW.... is that dynoed or imaginary?

fastclown
fastclown New Reader
7/31/08 6:58 a.m.

Don't you mean, shiny pretty Mini beats over engineered, underpowered contraption? The 375 is of course on paper (the cover that is), but they beefed it up even more by making it BHP. I wish I knew an American mag that would do a feature on it with some dyno time.....

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ioldNnKaPZBpM2BMppKCTBWZiUU1ewAgkpSEGSejfzzEjfu1vRlP1sDGu9Dk2W7U