1 2 3
pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/16/12 12:19 p.m.

We all know about the old bootlegger's cars that evolved into Nascar Stockers. But let's say that they made Alcohol illegal again and we had to transport it illegally today. What modern car with some subtle mods could haul a few gallons of hooch in a secret compartment and outrun the ATF? Remember, they are probably driving these:

Sky_Render
Sky_Render HalfDork
11/16/12 12:23 p.m.

/thread.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 HalfDork
11/16/12 12:23 p.m.

civic hatch on coilovers with lots of boost, and turn-off-able taillights.

this time, the answer is NOT miata.

id also consider an 80's solid front axle dodge ram with a big block sittting on 35's. cant chase you if they cant clear the obsticles.....

Copper280z
Copper280z New Reader
11/16/12 12:27 p.m.

Beige Toyota Camry, completely stock appearance, good tires, lots of boost.

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltraDork
11/16/12 12:28 p.m.

Same car the cops are using.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/16/12 12:30 p.m.

Grand Marquis. Unless you are in a hypercar or crotch rocket you probably aren't going to outrun the cops but the cops won't take a second look at a Grand Marquis.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
11/16/12 12:30 p.m.
Sky_Render wrote: /thread.

Winner. Then add the Hennessy package if the feds start to catch up.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UberDork
11/16/12 12:32 p.m.

Big pickup with dual tanks...

Replace one of the tanks with a new and cleaned one.

If you get pulled over.. flex fuel?

Cotton
Cotton Dork
11/16/12 12:33 p.m.
93EXCivic wrote: Grand Marquis. Unless you are in a hypercar or crotch rocket you probably aren't going to outrun the cops but the cops won't take a second look at a Grand Marquis.

The cops are pretty easy to outrun in rural areas....most of those guys don't have choppers and are understaffed. At least that seems to be the case here in West/Middle TN.

moerdogg
moerdogg New Reader
11/16/12 12:34 p.m.

+

=

Invisible to cops

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/16/12 12:39 p.m.
Cotton wrote:
93EXCivic wrote: Grand Marquis. Unless you are in a hypercar or crotch rocket you probably aren't going to outrun the cops but the cops won't take a second look at a Grand Marquis.
The cops are pretty easy to outrun in rural areas....most of those guys don't have choppers and are understaffed. At least that seems to be the case here in West/Middle TN.

Yeah after I thought about I posted it, I thought about the cops in my hometown.... So I am changing my vote to

ransom
ransom GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/16/12 12:42 p.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic:

Agreed. Or STi. Essentially, a rally car. Something designed to be driven across a variety of surfaces and types of corners under varying conditions very, very fast.

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
11/16/12 12:46 p.m.
Cotton wrote:

Yeah... but they have radios.

I also vote for something mind-numbingly boring and invisible.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/16/12 12:47 p.m.

Same as the "dream grassroots build" you just posted, GC with latest STi powertrain. Put the plain-jane bodykit options on it and it won't stand out too much. I'd also put a variable exhaust on it to change the sound and throw the cops off. Quiet on the back roads, ricey in town.

+1 on the stealth switch too.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
11/16/12 12:52 p.m.

Here's another idea: Plasti-dip over the original paint so you can change the color easily and non-destructively every now and then. And if the cops are coming to raid your operation you can peel it off in a hurry.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
11/16/12 1:06 p.m.
Ian F wrote:
Cotton wrote:
Yeah... but they have radios. I also vote for something mind-numbingly boring and invisible.

Which is why I also said understaffed. It doesn't matter how many radios you have if there are only a couple of county cops on shift (if even that)....and forget the Troopers...they used to be everywhere and now you hardly see them.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
11/16/12 1:08 p.m.

The ideal rig would be transporting the alcohol in the back of a cop car. Just pay the cops off...

yamaha
yamaha Dork
11/16/12 1:10 p.m.

local law enforcement isn't what you'll need to run from......its the federales.

I vote for a TL type-s + comptech s/c swapped honda odyssey

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/16/12 1:31 p.m.

Just put all your shine in a small tanker truck labeled "Bills Septic Service"

Sky_Render
Sky_Render HalfDork
11/16/12 1:35 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Here's another idea: Plasti-dip over the original paint so you can change the color easily and non-destructively every now and then. And if the cops are coming to raid your operation you can peel it off in a hurry.

Didn't James bond do that once? Peel the paint off his car to reveal another color underneath?

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas HalfDork
11/16/12 1:37 p.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku:

With a split-level reservoir: Stinky stuff on top, where the "inlet" port is, and shine below, where the outlet port is. That way when they stop you and check your contents, you look legit from where they'll check.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
11/16/12 2:03 p.m.
GameboyRMH wrote: Here's another idea: Plasti-dip over the original paint so you can change the color easily and non-destructively every now and then. And if the cops are coming to raid your operation you can peel it off in a hurry.

Vinyl peels faster but you have the right plan.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
11/16/12 2:18 p.m.
Sky_Render wrote:
Didn't James bond do that once? Peel the paint off his car to reveal another color underneath?

It was the Lambo in Cannonball Run

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
11/16/12 2:20 p.m.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory Reader
11/16/12 2:32 p.m.

I need a utility trailer to haul my strongman equipment with which includes Atlas Stones, huge Tractor tire annnnd, several beer kegs filled (with various things) for loading etc. Kegs (mbe not filled with 'Shine) are an integral part of a strongman contest. I've hauled my stuff to parks before I had a big yard. It was a normal thing to have several kegs, sleds, farmers walk handles and weight plates in my pickup at all times.

I am reminded of the fun talk my buddy and I used to have regarding being a successful criminal. We always thought the best way to be super OBVIOUS. As in breaking into a place wearing uniforms, turning on all the lights, pulling up the shades and use mops and brooms while a third guy similarly dressed would be robbing the place blind.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2Goa8Z12xihE0Sxh437CURSw5vVNSdr2g3jdnNuHqyiPipQLjuZIrIeG1YEqOKl7