1 2
kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
2/20/12 11:29 a.m.

When tuning the corolla you always need to tune the rear to make max grip and then set the front for balance.I spent 9 years with my corolla as an autox only toy,1st few years wasn't too far from stock and I'd run as high as 550f and 500r and it was pretty good.I did have camber plates and RCA's up front as well along with being completely gutted. My main reason for saying to stay around the 6k spring is damper choice,much stiffer than that with off the shelf dampers means too much uncontrolled rear axle movement(that sucker is heavy).If you have koni race than I'd suggest going stiffer as you've removed the rear bar(don't reinstall it unless your going to a drift day). Keep the 550's up front,that helps keep the outside front from diving too much and lifting the inside rear as a result of the lack of droop travel due to binding.There's a guy in Calgary thats been playing with a old celica,he might be a good guy to ask set-up questions.I'll see if I can track him down and point him this way for you.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
2/20/12 12:40 p.m.

tire status? Sounds very much like off tires.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
2/20/12 2:12 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: tire status? Sounds very much like off tires.

Well, I'll tell you this. Took my lunch hour to finish measuring and ordering 15x10 wheels this afternoon. So tires will be much, much better soon.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
2/20/12 7:36 p.m.
fast_eddie_72 wrote:
Per Schroeder wrote: tire status? Sounds very much like off tires.
Well, I'll tell you this. Took my lunch hour to finish measuring and ordering 15x10 wheels this afternoon. So tires will be much, much better soon.

So whatever will you install on these wheels I wonder?.

If your going that route I'd suggest looking into the 8k range for rear spring.

fast_eddie_72
fast_eddie_72 SuperDork
2/22/12 10:19 a.m.

In reply to kevlarcorolla:

Ah, thanks! And yeah. I think there's a selection of one tire that will fit that-lol.

Well, not that anyone is on the edge of their seat waiting for an update, but I figured something out last night. I knew it was too good to be true. I don't happen on a lot of used parts for this build. But I did get the front sway bar used. Well, it didn't fit great. Fit okay, but not great. I'm pretty sure it's a Supra bar, not a Celica bar.

I wasn't happy with that so ordered the right part. It came yesterday and I installed it. Uh, it's bigger. I know Addco make stock size replacement sway bars (though I have no idea why). I think the bar I had on it was pretty much the equifilent of the stock bar. So that'll help too.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mlSvcOqwnTWL6Kb9FqaJDObCkdlklJdLcJzLwi1v8CTQxYNNd9y8Kura3APcevhk