1 2
Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/12/08 7:43 p.m.
porksboy wrote: As I was reading the post I thought "that cant be for real"

I was thinking the same thing. I was sure it was a hoax.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Reader
8/13/08 1:59 a.m.
Xceler8x wrote:

Video proves some evidence that something did happen. There was a problem with these a few years back when random people were trying to drive thru these and they were creating human road blocks and robbing the motorists of everything they had in the car. You could bet your ass if that ever happened to me there'd be some Grand Theft Auto style pedestrian road kill action happening lol (think Hippie Drill from South Park).

Xceler8x
Xceler8x GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/13/08 9:14 a.m.

I have no doubt it happened now. When I was reading the posting, obviously from a msg board, I was thinking "This has to be a joke..." Evidently, it isn't.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/13/08 9:38 a.m.
DirtyBird222 wrote:
Xceler8x wrote:
Video proves some evidence that something did happen. There was a problem with these a few years back when random people were trying to drive thru these and they were creating human road blocks and robbing the motorists of everything they had in the car. You could bet your ass if that ever happened to me there'd be some Grand Theft Auto style pedestrian road kill action happening lol (think Hippie Drill from South Park).

When I was 16-17 I was trying to find a club and ended up going down a dead end street in the projects. I pulled a quick U-Turn, but not before 5-6 thugs decided to block the street out. I stopped about 50' shy of them, considered my options, floored it and side stepped the clutch. I figured that if they had guns, I was berkeleyed, but I wasn't going down without taking somebody with me.

Fortunately they caught on that I wasn't an easy target and moved.

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
8/13/08 10:08 a.m.

Cars' power > Peoples' power. You push on the pedal, they'll move. Never let someone rob you that way. Berkeley them up and run them down if they're threatening you. It's like letting someone stab you with a knife after walking up to you with it from 20 feet away while you have a loaded 9MM in your hand.

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
8/13/08 10:26 a.m.

That's why I don't want any of these new cars that are "pedestrian friendly." I wanna mess 'em up real good.

Clay
Clay Reader
8/13/08 10:40 a.m.

Yeah, but can you imagine trying to explain to the cops why you ran down a pedestrian because you felt threatened inside in your car.

Around here people crossing the street will purposely slow down when jaywalking just to show you they aren't scared of your car. They almost dare you to hit them. It's crazy.

GlennS
GlennS HalfDork
8/13/08 10:42 a.m.
mistanfo wrote: That's why I don't want any of these new cars that are "pedestrian friendly." I wanna mess 'em up real good.

Thats what caddle guards are for. Im sure any shop that makes roll cages could fab one up for your honda civic.

dculberson
dculberson New Reader
8/13/08 11:07 a.m.

Back when my masochism was in full bloom, I drove a Range Rover. I was driving through a bad neighborhood around 3am - five lane main road with sidewalks, no traffic at all. There were three guys on the sidewalk ahead, and they all turned, looked at my car, and headed straight out into the street on an intercept course. I kept my foot on the gas and started honking. They chickened out and stepped back.

I'm about 80-85% sure they were planning on robbing me. Absolutely no other reason for the way they acted.

I had a cell phone and was just going to call 911 if I hit them, and wait in a safe location for the police.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
8/13/08 11:47 a.m.
Clay wrote: Yeah, but can you imagine trying to explain to the cops why you ran down a pedestrian because you felt threatened inside in your car.

That's when the phrase "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" comes into play.

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
8/13/08 11:57 a.m.
Clay wrote: Around here people crossing the street will purposely slow down when jaywalking just to show you they aren't scared of your car. They almost dare you to hit them. It's crazy.

I stumble across that every now and then. It really annoying, and I generally don't slow down. If they don't get out of the way, I'll wait until the very last second and serve to just barely miss them. I'm not going to hit anyone that I don't have to, but I like to make them think twice about doing it again. I generally do the same thing to people who pull out in front of me, especially when you know they see you and have that "they'll slow down and not hit me even thought they have the right of way" attitude.

Travis_K
Travis_K New Reader
8/13/08 12:37 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
Clay wrote: Yeah, but can you imagine trying to explain to the cops why you ran down a pedestrian because you felt threatened inside in your car.
That's when the phrase "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" comes into play.

Yea, exactly. Even if it meant spending a couple of years in jail, its better than being dead.

confuZion3
confuZion3 HalfDork
8/13/08 1:30 p.m.

Folks from the hood in Baltimore are a bit more tactful. I was driving to Canton once and ended up in the middle of the hood (in broad daylight) with my top down (in the BMW). This was a conversation at a light: me in the car, some fellow on the corner on the other side of the street in a big puffy coat.

"Hey man, do you got a couple bucks I could borrow?"

"No. I don't. Sorry, buddy."

"Look, I just a couple bucks for a bus pas. I'm lost and I'm really scared." <---yeah right!

"I don't have any money. Sorry."

"Well, hey. There's an ATM over there at that gas station. Do you think you could get me a few bucks from it?" <--- so that I can rob you when you get it?

I was thinking, is this guy nuts? He's obviously trying to rob me (or he was going to try). Hmm. This was the nicest robbery I have ever experienced. I told him to have a good day and I drove away, making sure I timed all the lights just right.

P90Puma
P90Puma Reader
8/17/08 9:42 p.m.

Since nobody brought the "tech"

VERY NSFW Forum link. http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/index.php?topic=95879.0

Original thread link above, this isn't the first time something like this has happened to the idiot. Once ok, wrong place, wrong time, twice there is something wrong with you to bring the situation to that level.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
slCVdKX9IZjIrJuky3pfGLrzh1vcNzlfNmR3hNjFnkDi33d6qunp73kQdgy7Ya2c