1 2
ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
9/24/08 8:28 a.m.

I was just commenting that it looks like where the bleeder on the one side should be (but there is no bleeder)...that's where it looks like they ran the hard line to the brakes on the other side of the rearend.

I'm not actually accusing them of any sort of design slight...probably more clever than anything.

I haven't managed to crack that rear bleeder open or snap it off yet on mine. I'm going with lots of PB Blaster and patience...thus far.

EDIT: Oh...you're saying there are two bleeders on the rear in that post earlier...my bad. I was thinking you were agreeing that there was only one bleeder for the rear brakes. I'll have to poke harder and see why I didn't notice them both earlier.

Clem

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Reader
9/24/08 10:51 a.m.

Try bleeding the proportioning valve by cracking open the outlet fittings and following normal two-person bleeding procedures. Spouses make handy brake pedal pushers ("It's for YOUR safety, honey"). Hold a rag or shop towel around the fitting to catch the fluid coming out.

Also, check your rear wheel cylinder seals as someone said before. Try tapping the front calipers with a small hammer. This can free trapped air pockets inside the caliper.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
beiNwAgu9waahwJutKUmpnK7SP9hxekm1ZWi1jlsoH7jyHjyLwhaw2oRzYfOzpY2