1 2 3
accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
2/8/22 3:01 p.m.

lol, I read the title and thought: That describes my ferd truck pretty well .... I opened the linke, lo and behold! A ferd truck! Though an older one. 

I do think I read this thread when it was first posted, but still: That's a nice truck!

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
3/17/22 6:34 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Thanks for the link!  What a sweet truck, it’s a shame we can’t have something similarly basic now but between safety, emissions and fuel economy I understand.   Carry on and please keep it, you’ll never find another like it. 

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/17/22 8:51 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

Neat truck and likely a great investment too.  Congratulations .

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
3/17/22 9:22 p.m.

Thanks guys. And I agree, if I sold this one I would never find another. For now it's staying but long term is a wait and see situation. 

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/19/22 12:01 a.m.

Very nice truck. I'm with the others that 79 and older are the bee's knees.

Regarding selling it, the very smallest six figure number is more than I make in a year, so that affects my perspective on what $100k+ is worth. If that's not the case for you, YMMV. That said, since "money" = "the ability to do what I want", the question I would ask is "am I getting $100,000 of enjoyment out of this truck?" OR, in the sense of opportunity cost: "would I *pay* $100,000 to keep owning this truck?"

My $.02

Also, TIL spray on bed liner comes in colors other than black. 

seadoorider
seadoorider New Reader
3/20/22 11:27 p.m.

I wouldn't do this to your 4x4 but fixed the brakes, steering a gearing of my 72 shortened with 2011 P71 bits. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m44efEmd1VpQc6ean8tsP27k2tRhWSo0o3wfxJd1nDl1Ekgs3PMt2ckSf8zGAUKX