1 2
Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
4/4/13 4:23 p.m.

I really need to move to Lethbridge!!!

ArthurDent
ArthurDent HalfDork
4/4/13 4:24 p.m.

I was shocked by the lower radiator hose. It has a splitter built in to go the heater. Never seen one like it before.

ArthurDent
ArthurDent HalfDork
4/4/13 4:26 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: I really need to move to Lethbridge!!!

There is another one for sale here too. It isn't running but is in much nicer shape than mine. I think they wanted $1600 a year ago. I paid scrap value for mine.

1966 Epic Envoy

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
4/4/13 4:36 p.m.
ArthurDent wrote: I was shocked by the lower radiator hose. It has a splitter built in to go the heater. Never seen one like it before.

You have obviously never replaced a lower radiator hose on a GM truck. It's like 3 E36 M3ty, failure prone hoses in one! And for the low, low price of just $120.

02Pilot
02Pilot HalfDork
4/4/13 4:56 p.m.

Am I the only one who saw the photos and immediately thought: "Oliver!!!"?

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/4/13 5:07 p.m.
ArthurDent wrote: I was shocked by the lower radiator hose. It has a splitter built in to go the heater. Never seen one like it before.

Looks like the one on my mini.

driver109x
driver109x HalfDork
4/4/13 5:37 p.m.

Ummmm... rotary?

McTinkerson
McTinkerson New Reader
4/4/13 5:53 p.m.
driver109x wrote: Ummmm... rotary?

A turbo 13B would make that car frightening. A N/A 13B with ITB's would be FUN.

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Reader
4/4/13 6:46 p.m.

My dad had one of those back in the day,I rememeber stories of it always being broken down and and thats about it.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
4/4/13 10:57 p.m.

It's Canadian, of course it's epic win! (...Says the guy from Canada)

novaderrik
novaderrik UberDork
4/4/13 11:25 p.m.
ArthurDent wrote: Definitely a Mini bolt pattern - some folks have run 4x100 wheels and it pinches the studs a bit and they are unable to get their brake drums off. Given it is four wheel drums that is an important concern. Not sure a LSx would even physically fit - the engine bay is quite small. A Miata engine would be fantastic except any sort of Miata is rare and expensive here. I'd be more comfortable doing a swap with access to a full donor car rather than bits and pieces here and there but that is mostly done to my experience level. This one had a Nissan Ka24e swapped in so the engine bay must be more roomy than it looks. http://www.casc.on.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=22929 Interestingly it is positive ground - I'll definitely have to keep that in mind! The rear axle has a pinion extension like a Chevette

of course an LS would fit... might require some cuttin' and weldin' and fabricatin', but it will fit..

oldopelguy
oldopelguy Dork
4/5/13 4:53 a.m.

The Chevette 1.6L would actually be as close to a drop in as yo could get. Problem would probably be the same as a 1.1L Opel Kadett, the tranny tunnel isn't big enough for much.

Geo Metro 1.0L or Samurai 1.3L bolted to a Sammy 5-speed would be the next easiest, and would probably drop some weight while adding overdrive. Wasn't someone selling a Metro engine already set-up for RWD?

Oh, and for wheels, the MINI wheels may have too much offset. More appropriate might be Morris Minor/ MG Midget ones, Chevy Vega ones, or if you are OK with simple style and readily available 4-lug trailer rims.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
4/5/13 5:34 a.m.
02Pilot wrote: Am I the only one who saw the photos and immediately thought: "Oliver!!!"?

No, you're not.

chuckles
chuckles HalfDork
4/5/13 8:01 a.m.

The vestigial fins make it perfectly awesome.

ArthurDent
ArthurDent HalfDork
4/5/13 8:18 a.m.

It has to be one the last cars sold with tail fins. Can anyone think of a later one?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltraDork
4/5/13 8:41 a.m.
ArthurDent wrote: It has to be one the last cars sold with tail fins. Can anyone think of a later one?

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/6/13 8:30 p.m.
ArthurDent wrote: It has to be one the last cars sold with tail fins. Can anyone think of a later one?

m4ff3w
4/6/13 8:33 p.m.

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
4/6/13 8:35 p.m.
m4ff3w wrote:

....and gorgeous

m4ff3w
4/6/13 8:43 p.m.
JoeyM wrote: ....and gorgeous

Absolutely agree, one of the prettiest cars there is.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/6/13 8:48 p.m.

Looks like a cool project. I think you should buy the red one too.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M3HILfgVIZ5jss49myriozSmD3Xyy8pWAuu9VyVsCuweKgCEPFSIxn1rcpB0xILV