boulder_dweeb
boulder_dweeb New Reader
8/10/15 12:12 p.m.

Kudos to Joey Logano and Team Penske for a dominant weekend.

Kudos also to the fans in Upstate NY that (almost) filled the stands. It's nice to see a race where the TV cameras do not avoid viewing the stands.

Rog

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/10/15 1:16 p.m.

Saw a little of it. Looked to be some great racing. I had some home repairs to do so I missed the last half of the race.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
8/10/15 1:30 p.m.

I thought it was a pretty good race.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/10/15 1:52 p.m.

Overall it was a pretty good race. The Nascar drones where moaning about another fuel milage race but that also made it more interesting in my eyes. Logano ran a clean race and kept himself out of trouble the whole time and just watched the others fall. Good strategy made that possible. Kyle Busch ran hard too and I'm glad to see him positioned to be in the chase. He will be tough to beat come chase time.

espz28
espz28 New Reader
8/10/15 2:07 p.m.

Positive comments on Nascar? Is this still GRM?

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition Dork
8/10/15 3:00 p.m.
espz28 wrote: Positive comments on Nascar? Is this still GRM?

Road course exemption.

wae
wae HalfDork
8/10/15 3:07 p.m.

I was entertained by the color commentators on the nbcsn broadcast. I can't recall which of the races it was, but at one point one of them was trying to describe what was happening and he got a bit flustered with which corner he wanted to refer to. He said something like "there's just too many corners" or something. I giggled.

I was actually pretty impressed overall with the racing. You could tell that there were teams and drivers that were more comfortable with a road course than others.

CrashDummy
CrashDummy Reader
8/10/15 3:32 p.m.

Logano drove a really good race. I think he was something like 17th on the final restart and raced all the way up to 2nd before Harvick ran out. It was impressive to watch.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill PowerDork
8/10/15 4:05 p.m.

I find it amusing that since Tony Stewart bitch talked about Legano, Legano have done nothing but show him his rear bumper.

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/10/15 4:52 p.m.

Exactly, Road race exemption.

I only watch 2 NASCAR races a year on TV. Watkins Glen and Sonoma. That's actually kind of sad since I'm part of the track safety crew at Texas Motor Speedway.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QjNmnxHk5LMHmSU0rDJ1aFIN0Aiix7cvglknz7WsOMDUxrzOXfpus6LoQuueYCH5