1 2 3
Papabishop
Papabishop Reader
9/30/18 12:09 p.m.

Been awhile since I’ve watched a nascar race but turned on tv and see pre race for Charlotte Roval. Roval?? Apparently they’re racing road course there which is first, should be interesting to watch!

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
9/30/18 12:39 p.m.

Out in the garage, flipping between the pre race and the Bears. 

Watched the exfinity series yesterday.

Very intertaining for sure!

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
9/30/18 1:08 p.m.

This oughta be good.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
9/30/18 1:24 p.m.

There are windshield wipers on the cars.  frown  Since when did NASCAR race in the wet?

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
9/30/18 1:40 p.m.

has directTv.  does not has the motorvation.  Seriously outside of college foosball I honestly could care less if I ever watch another second of 'professional' sports on television and I used to like NASCAR a lot probably still would if it was just racing and a little rubbin' of course.  That might be as much to do with my antipathy to television nowadays however.  The news sucks because it's almost all opinion which I don't mind but keep the two at least in different programming hours. Drama shows have snide little culture/political slights that are unnecessary and well I've always always hated chat shows so even their circle the drain tactics couldn't turn me off any more.  Darn this should be in the rants section. blush

I'll tell y'all what now I'm gonna attend a race next year to make up for my grouchiness especially as they did just send me a free calendar of the tracks after signing up to some service of theirs. angel

Especially as GRC didn't return to D.C. and then E36 M3 the bed. indecision

Papabishop
Papabishop Reader
9/30/18 1:49 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

They did few years back in Canada, was very fun race to watch!

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
9/30/18 2:44 p.m.

I see they moved the tire wall at the chicane exit back a few feet.  Eric Jones and Bubba Wallace destroyed their cars in practice.

Interesting balance of speedway and road course setup.  I can see some real tire wear/speed compromises.

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
9/30/18 3:22 p.m.

First off, I love it!  Might not be enough to bring me back to watching NASCAR as a whole, but I'll definitely tune in for future similar races.  Second, I'm guessing whomever placed the infield signs will not be invited back, but Bojangles and Echopark Automotive definitely got their money's worth.  Third, clearly some of these guys need more road course practice.  

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/30/18 3:41 p.m.

Oh yes I really like this. I would even consider going to one of these. 

Stadium road course racing. With a good bit of the oval.  It actually reminds me of the Daytona road corse. I can see this being a really good thing. 

I am sure it will also be good for the track as now they have a road course that Danny used by other series.  

That actually looks like it would be a really fun track to drive. 

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
9/30/18 3:56 p.m.
stuart in mn said:

There are windshield wipers on the cars.  frown  Since when did NASCAR race in the wet?

They do on road courses. Rare but it happens. 

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
9/30/18 4:00 p.m.

"Tums Heartburn Turn" is aptly named.  

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
9/30/18 4:05 p.m.

The big one on a roval... who knew?

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
9/30/18 4:07 p.m.

LOLs: 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/30/18 4:07 p.m.

Larson had to be saying.....grip...grip...crap. That car was not even going to turn. 

Papabishop
Papabishop Reader
9/30/18 4:09 p.m.

Defiantly been pretty good race. Used to watch nascar a lot but haven’t in few years. Always loved when they went to circuit tracks. although a lot of teams used to bring in circuit drivers to race since a lot of circle drivers didn’t have expirence. Back when Marcos Ambrose drove in the series he was amazing to watch at these races.

dean1484
9/30/18 4:13 p.m.
fasted58 said:

The big one on a roval... who knew?

I was thinking that as well. laugh

dean1484
9/30/18 4:23 p.m.
nutherjrfan said:

has directTv.  does not has the motorvation.  Seriously outside of college foosball I honestly could care less if I ever watch another second of 'professional' sports on television and I used to like NASCAR a lot probably still would if it was just racing and a little rubbin' of course.  That might be as much to do with my antipathy to television nowadays however.  The news sucks because it's almost all opinion which I don't mind but keep the two at least in different programming hours. Drama shows have snide little culture/political slights that are unnecessary and well I've always always hated chat shows so even their circle the drain tactics couldn't turn me off any more.  Darn this should be in the rants section. blush

I'll tell y'all what now I'm gonna attend a race next year to make up for my grouchiness especially as they did just send me a free calendar of the tracks after signing up to some service of theirs. angel

Especially as GRC didn't return to D.C. and then E36 M3 the bed. indecision

Could you please tell me what any of this has to do with NASCAR on a Roval?  I tried to follow along but you lost me. 

dean1484
9/30/18 4:24 p.m.

The interview with Kyle Bush was funny.  

dean1484
9/30/18 4:27 p.m.

Just WOW what a finish

Papabishop
Papabishop Reader
9/30/18 4:29 p.m.

Well that’s a helluva finish!

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
9/30/18 4:40 p.m.

Damn!

Now THAT was a RACE!

Wutta finish!

kazoospec
kazoospec UltraDork
9/30/18 4:59 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

Keselowski's was pretty funny too.  "I felt really stupid until I saw how many others did exactly what I did".  Great race, great finish.  Unfortunately, I suspect the drivers are going to view this as the equivalent of "figure 8 racing" at the local short track.  

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
9/30/18 5:20 p.m.
dean1484 said:

The interview with Kyle Bush was funny.  

That's why I like Kyle Busch.  He says exactly what's on his mind, good or bad.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
9/30/18 5:26 p.m.

What the berkeley just happened? I don't understand any of this thread? Did a NASCAR driver turn right in the rain or some such? 

Pete

dean1484
9/30/18 5:45 p.m.
NOHOME said:

What the berkeley just happened? I don't understand any of this thread? Did a NASCAR driver turn right in the rain or some such? 

Pete

Charlotte speedway was turned into a 1/2 scale Daytona roads course and they then let NASCAR loose on it.  Probably one of the best NASCAR races I have seen in five or even ten years.  

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qyhmCQlxhw2yqx9BrlkgvASyRVS5RVTXKAL1VxRp8GS2mM8mVZaJOxAFNv7wvCIz