wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/25/23 11:49 a.m.

Anybody know where I can take my swapped rx8 and get custom ac lines made near charleston sc?

Thanks yall!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/25/23 11:58 a.m.

I know a place in Jax. No help right?

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/25/23 12:43 p.m.

Totally helpful actually!  I am heading that way in a few weeks for a week on a cruise.  I could drop it off for the week.  Got deets?

Anybody else?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/25/23 1:39 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

https://goo.gl/maps/6CsNEdfQB1Uhpk2JA

Dude made me a custom power steering hose but it was wrong because of my screw up. He made another free of charge even though I told him I'd pay twice. 

obsolete
obsolete HalfDork
3/25/23 7:40 p.m.

I didn't have any luck finding a place near me in Minnesota, so I own one of these now. Available for loan if needed.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
3/26/23 7:20 a.m.
obsolete said:

I didn't have any luck finding a place near me in Minnesota, so I own one of these now. Available for loan if needed.

Too late for you now, but for future reference: Dealer Automotive Services in Hopkins does custom a/c work.  They're a good shop, I've used them in the past.  https://dealerautomotive.com

Tyler H
Tyler H GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/26/23 12:22 p.m.

Too late now, but most mid-size cities have a hydraulic hose supply shop to service heavy equipment.  These places will make up whatever you want, and it's usually very reasonable.   I take my brake hoses to the counter and ask them to make them in braided, usually about an hour and $15 per.

Had our local place make custom AC hoses for an engine swap - took the compressor to evap / condenser hoses for both donor and chassis for reference and they made new custom hoses for about $100.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/26/23 12:25 p.m.

Hydraulic hose crimpers crush the inner fitting about half the time in my experience. 

If you come up here for radwood, bring the bits up with you and ill get my guy in Charlotte to make them. 

obsolete
obsolete HalfDork
3/26/23 1:08 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

Thanks. I'm in Rochester, and I called everywhere I could think of. The parts stores, the industrial hydraulic shops, the heavy truck shops. They all told me that they could not crimp barrier hose for R-134a.

The Mastercool setup is nice, FWIW.

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/26/23 2:30 p.m.

I was just flipping through the Summit catalogue and apparently Aeroquip sells AN fittings and hose specifically for this purpose. No idea if they're any goodz and probably not cost effective but it's an option for diy.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TO7TiK0O3QkDQGzaWxXn00cnJySunApqJcsjjz47WlY7KUDXLiFpuoXgJTi84YPb