lq468
lq468 New Reader
9/28/24 6:56 p.m.

I have a LQ4(long crank) mated to an SM465. I am using a Speedway 3/4 clutch master cylinder and a speedway hydraulic throwout bearing, these are supposed to work as a kit and are supposed to work with an SM465. I have everything hooked up and bled, the pedal feels good and the cluth is working but it is not disengaging all the way. I can see that the friction surface is off of the flywheel but it is still in contact with the pressure plate so I think i need get more travel out of my TOB. I have spent several weekends bleeding and adjusting but I cannot enough travel and after a lot of research I am pretty sure I have everything set right. 

I am trying to find a 7/8 clutch master with 1 3/8"(ish) stroke but I am not having much luck. Any suggestions?

No Time
No Time UberDork
9/28/24 10:13 p.m.

How much free play you you have when the clutch is engaged? How much of your travel it taken up by top pedal?

if you have enough free play, you could make a longer pin to go between the slave and the clutch fork. 

I've also seen similar behavior if the disk is facing the wrong way. 

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/29/24 12:31 a.m.

Clutch disk installed correctly?

Are you 1000% sure you have a long crank LQ4? Those are a lot more rare than the LS swap Facebook groups would have you believe. 

Afco is my go to for master cylinders. I have their 7/8" on my truck but unsure of the stroke on it. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3o8Bpt2COOTwWmD3yHKKs8ATSa8sNEdz5pjx7wMG9eARUkq7OmZo62C5zG8TX039