akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/14/24 4:05 p.m.

Whats is this?

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/14/24 4:07 p.m.

Anyone have some cheap 15" wheels?

Only issue so far is, no heat.  Temp gauge is normal, heater valve opens.  That's as far as I got.  Plan is to hook the heater core up to my tankless water heater flush kit for an hour or so.

There is an occasional buzz from the rear of the car while parked.  Sounds like the fuel pump priming, or air shocks pumping up but it doesn't have air shocks.

Sonic
Sonic UberDork
9/14/24 4:11 p.m.

That thing on the windshield looks like the receiver for an aftermarket alarm or remote starter. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/14/24 4:17 p.m.
akylekoz said:

Whats is this?

An aftermarket piece you need to remove and burn asap. Probably an old alarm. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/14/24 5:13 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

Accords of this era got 4 lug for 4cyl and 5 lug for 6 cyl.  

In your picture it looks like it might be 4 lug?  If so, 4x114.3 or 4x4.5

The 5 lug is 5x114.3

Honda 4 lug Civics factory lugs were 4x100 so not interchangable.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/14/24 6:13 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Yes 4 lug.  These wheels are crusty, probable leak and I want to get some winter tires for it.

113k on the odometer.  LX, I think it has new quick struts front and rear, looks and feels like it.  Power leather seats and speakers in the dash I think that means it has the better stereo.  Some have covers with no speakers under them.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/14/24 6:14 p.m.

In reply to Slippery : And Sonic

Will remove. 
Still hearing the pump run.????

johndej
johndej UltraDork
9/14/24 7:35 p.m.

I had an 01 4 cyl manual coupe for years and brother had an 02 v6 auto, think both had over 200k when mine got wrecked and his sold. Great cars!

Possible other option on window thing is garage door opener with the button. 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/24 7:44 p.m.

Accord wheels have higher offset than, say, S13 240SX wheels.  This may be good or bad.

Be careful with Kia/Hyundai wheels, they may have a really small pilot bore.  I found this out when I tried to put some of them on a 4x4.5" RX-7.  (Which is also how I know about the Accord offset situation - they wouldn't fit me up front)

I bet a set of Lancer Ralliart wheels would look awesome.  They are also 5 spoke wheels but they are made by OZ and I am 99.99% sure that they are the same wheels as an Evo III.

Another place to look is pre 2004 Volvo S40, they were all 15x6 wheels and have that bolt pattern.  

The Lancer wheels looked awesome on the Volvo laugh

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/14/24 7:48 p.m.

Honda tech Forum says the pump is a vapor purge pump.  Runs more when the tank is low and it's hot outside, check and check.

Heat is ok now, not face melting but ok.

Heater valve opens, both hoses to the heater core are hot.  Blend door actuator is actuating and connected to something.

I'll check for heat when it's not 90 degrees out.

My question is that I'll be flushing or changing the heater core.

In other news, it appears to have a fresh head, and radiator.  Me thinks it overheated at some point.  Wonder if I'll find head gasket sealer in the heater core

Maybe I'll drive it a bit while waiting for the BMW to sell.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/14/24 7:54 p.m.

Are both hoses equally hot?  If the return hose is significantly cooler, that sounds like the heater core is restricted and the fan is taking all the BTUs available.

Oh!  This probably still has a manual valve in one of the heater hoses.  The control cable can slip.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/14/24 9:19 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

One hose is cooler, probably a plugged heater core.  Back to flush or replace.

Cable is intact on what looks like a new valve.  The valve opens and closes with the temp control knob.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/14/24 9:21 p.m.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/14/24 9:22 p.m.

It's blue if that matters.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/14/24 10:03 p.m.

Cute Dog!  

I poked around FB a little for ya.  These Acura wheels are local to you and should meet the need.  Listed for $200 but ad stated OBO so he's even admitting that he's not expecting the full price.  Not awesome but serviceable.  

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/14/24 10:09 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

That's Spike, he's a French Bulldog in a Yorkie body.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/14/24 10:36 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Funny. My kids are always looking for dogs so now I notice them too and that was also my first thought, "cute dog"

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/14/24 10:42 p.m.

He has no F's to give ever.  Hold him upside down by his feet, pose him in any way, as long as you feed him he's happy.

And super stubborn, will absolutely not listen again unless there is food involved.

Not so much unlike me.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/16/24 7:09 a.m.
akylekoz said:

Whats is this?

I found some spliced wires and a power wire jammed under a fuse.   I'll cut those wires and pull the wire from under the fuse and hope it still starts. 

Noddaz
Noddaz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
9/16/24 7:27 a.m.

And among other things in a Honda with no or low heat.  Replace the thermostat.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/16/24 8:31 a.m.

My dad had one. Good cars, drove to 260k. But needed 3 transmissions. The Honda auto transmissions weren't great then. 

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/22/24 11:19 a.m.

Looks like a remote starter, now I need to find install instructions so I can uninstall it.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/22/24 11:21 a.m.

Ugh, at least it is well grounded.

akylekoz
akylekoz UberDork
9/22/24 11:25 a.m.

For a $1000 car it's super clean inside and the body is super solid underneath.

Other than the rear brake lines, are they supposed to sweat?

Repair parts are on the way.

In other news my heat problem is the valve, the arm moves but is not attached to the actual valve.  Again, parts are on the way.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/22/24 11:29 a.m.

Code Alarm brand so at least a known, name brand.  Of course, these things all come down to how much of a hack job was done for the install.  A replacement fob is likely available if you want to keep it for winter mornings.  

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YGhD5l94zxRBZvjTiuZzNRPi54H8j1JV0iX19TKr29g39zhXKEUQ0UugSB3XbqjS