pilotbraden
pilotbraden New Reader
6/3/10 11:19 a.m.

My brother is considering a mini van. His neighbor owns a chrysler dealership and is trying to sell him one. I am trying to convince him to keep his 5 year old Volvo v50 wagon. Any advice will be appreciatted.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
6/3/10 11:36 a.m.

It seams like the mini van is the one thing ChryCo didn't berkeley up

zomby woof
zomby woof HalfDork
6/3/10 12:59 p.m.
pilotbraden wrote: Any advice will be appreciatted.

Mind your own business

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
6/3/10 12:59 p.m.

Eye heart my ChryVan.

TJ
TJ Dork
6/3/10 1:09 p.m.

Don't know about the newset versions that they redesigned to look like an SUV with sliding doors, but my in laws have the previous generation and I always hurt myself getting out on the parking brake pedal - it sticks out just right to cut your foot and/or shin. Terrible. I also do not like their van because the doors lock when you drive more than a few miles per hour. I hate that, but I'd guess it can be turned off. The curve and slope of the windshield cause my wife to get motion sickness especially when driving it.

That being said, Mini vans are much better vehicles for most people than SUVs IMHO. They can carry more stuff than a typical SUV, get better mileage, are easier to get in and out of for old people, have lots of cupholders, and give you a free pass to drive as fast as you want because you are invisible in them.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
6/3/10 1:25 p.m.
neon4891 wrote: It seams like the mini van is the one thing ChryCo didn't berkeley up

I disagree the berkeleyed that up pretty bad too.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 New Reader
6/3/10 2:05 p.m.

I fought it for the longest time, but I ended up in a minivan--more precisely an '05 Mazda MPV. Nearly 5 years and over 60k miles later, I'm very happy with it. No repairs to date, still running the original brakes. Unfortunately, you can't have one since they broke the mold in '05.

Haven't driven the new Chryslers, but I dislike the new styling. Preferred the old styling, thank you. Not a big fan of the Chrysler drivelines either. If I had to buy one new today, the only one I'd bother looking at is the Odyssey.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Y5EWMeJh1tAU2fPUAfOyiTTtoyXKXGJKSFqqLMG0GAMsF7ZINXTmrQ35BG4MzwOB