1 2 3
Richard Nixon
Richard Nixon SuperDork
5/5/14 12:20 p.m.

Panthers used a -06 offset up through the 2002 model year. It's those wheels that you want. 2003+ will work, as will Mustang wheels, but only with the aid of spacers.

TeamEvil
TeamEvil Reader
5/5/14 1:15 p.m.

Doesn't Ford share that same bolt pattern?

Go for a set of the Mustang Bullitt wheels. 17 inch, take 235/55/17 tires, look a whole lot like the American Racing Wheels and amazingly cheap on Ebay and Craigslist.

http://mygtcs.com/mustang/spedition/fordbullitt//2008-Ford-Mustang-Bullitt-Wheel.JPG

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
5/5/14 1:32 p.m.

Year One makes an upgrade for the Mopar Rallye wheel:

https://www.yearone.com/Product/wheels/mrw178slvs

Secret_Chimp
Secret_Chimp New Reader
5/5/14 2:38 p.m.
Junkyard_Dog wrote:
Secret_Chimp wrote:
Junkyard_Dog wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: I prefer the Dog Dish hubcap look.
I concur. Look to Stockton Wheels or similar for upsized steelies to use with your dog dish caps. These with your caps and 16" barrels would be the E36 M3. Go get 'em!
Have you seen these on any kind of car? I can't find them anywhere. I like the style of Mopar cop wheels but I'm not sure how it'd look in 16".
Yup, on my old cop car!

Wow that looks good; I wouldn't even think they're upsized. Is that the only style cap that fits those wheels? (Edit: I'm asking because I'm pretty sure my current caps are an older smaller style)

Secret_Chimp
Secret_Chimp New Reader
5/5/14 2:40 p.m.
TeamEvil wrote: Doesn't Ford share that same bolt pattern? Go for a set of the Mustang Bullitt wheels. 17 inch, take 235/55/17 tires, look a whole lot like the American Racing Wheels and amazingly cheap on Ebay and Craigslist. http://mygtcs.com/mustang/spedition/fordbullitt//2008-Ford-Mustang-Bullitt-Wheel.JPG

Yeah but see how the spokes/wheel face is almost right out at the rim edge? I think they'd look all tucky-goofy just like the old green heap with Ford cop steelies posted earlier in the thread.

Chris_V
Chris_V UltraDork
5/5/14 2:43 p.m.

I'd go with the BOSS 338 wheel in 17x8.

http://www.jdwheels.com/boss-338.html

$155 each.

Secret_Chimp
Secret_Chimp New Reader
5/5/14 2:47 p.m.
JFX001 wrote: Year One makes an upgrade for the Mopar Rallye wheel: https://www.yearone.com/Product/wheels/mrw178slvs

Hmm... those might look pretty cool if I keyed the centers. Price is not bad at all.

bravenrace
bravenrace UltimaDork
5/5/14 2:47 p.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote:
Secret_Chimp wrote:
Feedyurhed wrote: I get what you are saying about the TTs on the Super Bee but man they look sweet.
Yeah I know... I'm wondering what those are now. I don't think they're in the actual TT line (I may be wrong, I couldn't find them on image search)
I'm pretty sure the Bee is wearing ET Classic V wheels: But they will put you over your budget. Classic V page

No, those are Vintage Wheel Works V-40's.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand Dork
5/5/14 2:49 p.m.

Jeep wheels should fit too.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
5/5/14 4:53 p.m.
bravenrace wrote:
Rob_Mopar wrote:
Secret_Chimp wrote:
Feedyurhed wrote: I get what you are saying about the TTs on the Super Bee but man they look sweet.
Yeah I know... I'm wondering what those are now. I don't think they're in the actual TT line (I may be wrong, I couldn't find them on image search)
I'm pretty sure the Bee is wearing ET Classic V wheels: But they will put you over your budget. Classic V page
No, those are Vintage Wheel Works V-40's.

I think you are right.

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
5/5/14 4:59 p.m.
Secret_Chimp wrote:
Junkyard_Dog wrote:
Secret_Chimp wrote:
Junkyard_Dog wrote:
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: I prefer the Dog Dish hubcap look.
I concur. Look to Stockton Wheels or similar for upsized steelies to use with your dog dish caps. These with your caps and 16" barrels would be the E36 M3. Go get 'em!
Have you seen these on any kind of car? I can't find them anywhere. I like the style of Mopar cop wheels but I'm not sure how it'd look in 16".
Yup, on my old cop car!
Wow that looks good; I wouldn't even think they're upsized. Is that the only style cap that fits those wheels? (Edit: I'm asking because I'm pretty sure my current caps are an older smaller style)

Secret_Chimp,

If your dog dishes are the small ones they will fit the cop wheels. It was around '67 that Ma Mopar standardized the dog dish to be the smaller diameter of the A-bodies on the B's & C's.

Before spending the money on a 16" cop wheel, take a look at available tire sizes that will be at home under the wagon. Last time I looked, 16" selections were thinner than 15". Don't know if any available 17" hoops are out there to fit the cop wheel centers, but if so I'd skip right to a 17" wheel for better tire selection.

Secret_Chimp
Secret_Chimp New Reader
5/11/14 2:05 p.m.

An update! I'm buying the wheels off of this wagon from the owner in Iowa:

They're 17 inch Stocktons that I believe just use Mopar centers. I'm going to use slightly taller tires at least in the rear. Caps or not I think these'll be about perfect on my car. Super stoked!

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
5/11/14 2:32 p.m.

Dems is some fatties. Me likey.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
5/11/14 2:33 p.m.

In reply to Secret_Chimp:

Those look good, but IMO you should paint them body color, it would look even better.

Secret_Chimp
Secret_Chimp New Reader
5/11/14 3:00 p.m.
SyntheticBlinkerFluid wrote: In reply to Secret_Chimp: Those look good, but IMO you should paint them body color, it would look even better.

I haven't decided on that quite yet. I'm going to mock up painting them completely white and also with the outer 1-2 inches left black for a sidewall illusion - I'm not sure if white wheels that big will look right painted the whole diameter.

They also might look pretty badass as-is on a white car, either with my caps or just with chrome lugs.

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
5/11/14 5:30 p.m.

YES!!!!

I love upsized versions of old steelies on old cars. It fills me with joy.

Classic look, modern performance and minimal bling

Secret_Chimp
Secret_Chimp New Reader
8/3/14 10:37 p.m.

I got the wheels after a hugely long shipping saga - tires are coming whenever Discount can get me a set of "special order" Ecsta ASXes. I had a bit of a fitment scare when I first put them on the car, but this is a 255/40 used tire I bought for testing, sitting with decent clearance just with rolling the fender lip (I jumped on the bumper and nothing, that's not a total test but it's encouraging)

I'm going with 255/45s for the rear for a bit more sidewall height (and less stretch). It's kind of a weird size, but I don't know for sure if I could fit a 275 without cutting the fenderwell significantly.

As for weight, they're heavy, but they're not terribly heavy. They all weigh 38 pounds (fronts and rears). Yeah an aluminum wheel would probably be 22 pounds or thereabouts, but these things look badass so I'm making a compromise against handling :P

BTW, if you ever want to ship wheels, use Fastenal's store-to-store freight service. These got to me from Iowa inside of a week for $140. Just picked them up from my local store and drove them home.

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
8/3/14 11:46 p.m.

You ended up with the perfect set of wheels. Great choice/great find.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
8/4/14 12:37 a.m.

They look good!

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar SuperDork
8/4/14 7:46 a.m.

Looks awesome! Did you look into 255/50's for the rear? That size was a little more common since it was used on the '90's Impala SS. I know Kumho still carried it a couple years ago.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
8/4/14 8:00 a.m.

Im running 255/50 and 255/40 on the duster. Federal 595 super steel. Good vombo for me. Rear is 27 inches tall.

Secret_Chimp
Secret_Chimp New Reader
8/4/14 11:27 a.m.
Rob_Mopar wrote: In reply to Secret_Chimp: Looks awesome! Did you look into 255/50's for the rear? That size was a little more common since it was used on the '90's Impala SS. I know Kumho still carried it a couple years ago.

They do have 255/50s available for ASX, but I know 255/45 is a safer choice so I'll see where I'm at with those first. Having slightly shorter tires will help a tiny bit with my old pokey 2.91 gears anyways :P

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Dork
8/4/14 12:22 p.m.

38 pounds each? Damn that's hefty! Looking good so far tho.

Secret_Chimp
Secret_Chimp New Reader
8/13/14 10:35 p.m.

Finally got my tires after 8 days (from LA to Seattle, thanks Discount)

These looksogoooooood

Only had time to back it out but I'll call that a thread B-)

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
8/15/14 4:15 p.m.

hotness!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VqDkcKCWWewzDPZyxiMMvLDAuB86oT44isxcaLUNoYCG8cZu4It5HZji6K8pM46B