IntegraR0064
IntegraR0064
7/19/11 4:42 p.m.

My Hankook RS3's are super bald, I really need to get my next set of tires for our STR S2000. For next year I want to have RS3's plus a set of cold/rain tires, and I'm thinking it might make sense to get the cold/rain ones now and wait on the RS3's, depending on if the rain ones are OK in the dry too. But if I buy them now I'll find out in the new issue that whatever I got was horrible in the wet! Is the new issue mailing soon?

While we're on the subject, has anyone tried using the Continental DW in the dry to see if it's even in the same ballpark as the star specs, RS3, etc?

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
7/19/11 4:57 p.m.

Next issue mails a week from today--just shipped it off to the printer.

Margie

HiTempguy
HiTempguy Dork
7/19/11 5:04 p.m.
IntegraR0064 wrote: My Hankook RS3's are super bald, I really need to get my next set of tires for our STR S2000. For next year I want to have RS3's plus a set of cold/rain tires, and I'm thinking it might make sense to get the cold/rain ones now and wait on the RS3's, depending on if the rain ones are OK in the dry too. But if I buy them now I'll find out in the new issue that whatever I got was horrible in the wet! Is the new issue mailing soon? While we're on the subject, has anyone tried using the Continental DW in the dry to see if it's even in the same ballpark as the star specs, RS3, etc?

Uh, wasn't a wet tire test done like a couple of issues ago? Or am I missing what you are looking for?

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
7/19/11 5:27 p.m.

In reply to HiTempguy:

No, he's right, there's a wet and dry tire test in this next issue.

Margie

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/19/11 5:41 p.m.

There has been a bunch of good tire info coming out of late. They're all tested on the same car, so if you're not paying attention they could easily run together.

I'm rooting for the Toyo R1R in the wet!

IntegraR0064
IntegraR0064 New Reader
7/21/11 6:32 p.m.

Thanks for the info! That helps.

Now I have to make the decision whether to jump the gun and get some R1R's since I can use them at the northeast solo divisionals next weekend and get $300, or at least $200 in contingency prizes for doing so assuming my s2000 doesn't instantly overheat them. Then take them off the car and keep them for rain tires. Then get my GRM and find that they're somehow the worst rain tires out of all the ones tested

hmmmmm

SillyImportRacer
SillyImportRacer Reader
7/21/11 6:58 p.m.

Cool. I should be home when it gets there. I need a C5.....I may have convinced SWMBO that i need a Z06.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Sj59MrM7IvSY3HXfoDJZPScooGERD6MVTtyU4cA7bkW7yPkbOtkP4KPblsSURfQn