1 2
alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
3/21/24 4:21 p.m.
Toyman! said:
codrus (Forum Supporter) said:
ClearWaterMS said:

when the way you did it was wrong; "we've always done it that way" isn't an excuse. 

It does seem like they could have just moved the container over to the side of yard for a couple of days while they waited to sort out the paperwork, instead of sending it all the way back.

The article says the deletion of the address was in the NHTSA's database and was caused by the NHTSA updating its database. So a private company was punished by a bureaucracy because of the incompetence of the bureaucracy. Yeah, that sounds about like most bureaucracies work. They berkeley up, you pay. 

Personally, I hope Nankang sues the NHTSA for lost income and shipping costs plus punitive damages. 

As a shipper of goods, should one not make sure 100% that the info is accurate and complete before sending a boat?  Sure, it could source from a dumb reason, but it is up to the company to make sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.   

Even with a corporation, I would double and triple check everything when I knew there was a system change of any type.  Government isn't the only one who does that.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
3/21/24 6:30 p.m.

Hi. I work in international e commerce and move many containers every day.   The rules are confusing and long but usually established for proper purposes. 

this is anti dumping laws in action.  As to if they knew about this beforehand etc.   they probably didn't.

Ever have a container get inspected by the CBP.   Geez.  It goes in this terrible black hole. Everything gets scrutinized.  This is probably where they found this discrepancy during a very in depth inspection because they found something odd during the regular inspections.  Sometimes they just pull random containers and just inspect. 

te72
te72 HalfDork
3/21/24 8:35 p.m.
GameboyRMH said:

The company that makes my phone, F(x)tec, was sunk in large part due to a similar issue that caused their entire first batch of phones to be returned to sender when they reached their destination countries, so this tiny company had to pay international shipping costs twice.

Too bad these tires have to make two more trips across the Pacific while this paperwork issue gets sorted out...

I'm STILL waiting on my Astro Slide (yes, that's a real phone name, yes I think it's funny too) to show up. I bought it over a year ago now... Definitely have my doubts that I'll ever see it. I have suspicions that Fxtec and Planet are the same folks running two different companies.

300zxfreak
300zxfreak Reader
3/22/24 7:22 a.m.

In reply to Toyman! :

ALL bureaucracy is bad, mindless just makes it worse !

theruleslawyer
theruleslawyer Reader
3/22/24 10:56 p.m.

Well that sucks. my rear tires have been on order for over a month already. Looks like I need to try and find another solution before my first event mid next month. I'm a little annoyed the shop shipped the front tires separately. Now I'm stuck with half a set I won't be able to run until well into summer it looks like.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yaGqCl4G8FFIbQYMvfGSpktEPnJDaanZTwi6H8PGz0utwnF1hzhszgBYuulALx2H