1 2
oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
4/18/13 5:32 p.m.

Knee jerk reaction is crack pipe... but on close inspection this is just about the perfect RA29 to begin with....

1975 Toyota celica Aka the RA25 celica it's a 2000GT, it has around 93916KM which is about 58k milage! 5speed has the 18RG with dual mikuni carbs Rare Reverse Mesh wheels all around (staggered) Recaro interior,aftermarket steering wheel,few other goodies, like aftermarket 80s speaker/casset deck rare hatch spoiler/front damn,side,etc stock suspension

Perfect to restore to your liking

Vehicle may have scuffs,scratches,dents,rust,etc, There is putty up front near front window(may to stop ruse),does have paint chips or cracks, just be aware our price will not change...its for somebody to restore...Hence the price.

petegossett
petegossett GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/18/13 5:37 p.m.

All I can say is Toyota sure built a good looking Mustang BITD...

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/18/13 5:38 p.m.

In a couple of years, we'll be like, Remember when someone offered that super-clean '75 Celica for only $11K....

The0retical
The0retical Reader
4/18/13 5:42 p.m.

That design has really grown on me over the years, I'm not sure I'd pay 11k for it though.

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs Reader
4/18/13 6:07 p.m.

crack - its a helluva drug.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non Reader
4/18/13 6:09 p.m.

Sooo much want.

crankwalk
crankwalk GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/18/13 6:25 p.m.
Sine_Qua_Non wrote: Sooo much want.

For $6k, yes.

For $11k?

Meh no thanks.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/18/13 6:47 p.m.

If this were a notch but otherwise identical, absoberkeleyinglutely.

This will sell at the current price. Some people like the fastbacks that much better.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit HalfDork
4/18/13 7:58 p.m.

I see a very nice $6K car, crack price is $11K.

Nice looking

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/18/13 8:27 p.m.

I think you'll find the people that know these cars will pay way more for this particular example.

That motor is big money. The carbs are big money. Some of those trim pieces big money. The wheels are big money.

This car has all the pieces and the most desirable drivetrain.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce Dork
4/18/13 8:40 p.m.

You'd pay $6k, I'd probably feel OK bidding up to $8k. Somewhere is the guy who will outbid me and get to $10k. From there it's only a small leap.......

Secretariata
Secretariata GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/18/13 9:03 p.m.

Double hit on the pipe...

Appleseed
Appleseed UltimaDork
4/18/13 10:39 p.m.

That's somebody's dream car. It'll sell.

kanaric
kanaric Reader
11/27/13 2:51 a.m.

I like this car, a lot, but $11k? I'll pick up a S2000 or something, less headache, nearly as cool, just as fun if not more.

I'm not much into buying cars because they are old. It needs some merit aside from that for me at that price. If you think about it this is a Celica with not even 100hp and a primitive suspension, compares a lot to a Ford Mustang II to me just asian. To me a 2T-G jdm car would be the only one I would consider at this price.

At $6k i would change my tune.

Think about it. For Like $14k there is a guy, or was idk if he sold it yet, selling a R30 Skyline RS. I would MUCH rather have that. You can buy a J market Delta Integrale 8v and import it for that price, i almost did. This just doesn't compare to what you can get in the low $10ks even classic JDM stuff.

Speaking of 2T i would LOVE E70 with a 2T-GEU

Taz_Alcatraz
Taz_Alcatraz New Reader
11/27/13 3:18 a.m.

Ok Guys, I don't claim to know everything about early celicas (I currently own 5 including a Chumpcar racer) especially those made in Japan. 1st off the front fenders R 76-77 Celica. The 71-75 all have angled front marker lights. Second in American Celicas the smile bumpers are only on 71-74 celicas. I do realize this one is custom. 3rd the side view mirrors R also wrong for every year rwd celica ever made! The Japanese version is always showed w/2 funky mounting of the mirrors half way up on the front fenders. American cars came w/one mounted on the driver's door it was made of stainless steel/alum. 4th in American Celicas the 20R is normal engine. I do like the car. It is not one intended for the America since the RHD & liftbacks were not imported here until the '76 model year. I think it is a 71-74 Japanese liftback w/76-77 front fenders which R longer. The hood is longer for these longer fenders or modified to extend to the front edge of the front fenders. The air extractors R older than what we got on our '75 Celicas as well. Nice car but not orginal! The real question is what engine could U still get in Japan in '75 Celica liftback & were the fenders correct or newer since it is a custom? It will sell yes, but is it worth 11K? Would like to see a picture of the door plate & engine comp. options plate. I'd pay say 6k maybe?

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/27/13 6:06 a.m.

Whoa, those Recaros sure are a blast from the past.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/27/13 6:22 a.m.
kanaric wrote: I like this car, a lot, but $11k? I'll pick up a S2000 or something, less headache, nearly as cool, just as fun if not more.

this car has as much cool in it's louvers as every S2K ever made put together have as a whole. They're not even close in regards to coolness factor. That being said $8500 is the fair price.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy SuperDork
11/27/13 6:24 a.m.

Crack pipe and LSD.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi SuperDork
11/27/13 6:42 a.m.
ZOO wrote: Whoa, those Recaros sure are a blast from the past.

Gotta be careful, there are Chinese knockoffs available. They are very good too if you don't really know recaros.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
11/27/13 8:00 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: In a couple of years, we'll be like, Remember when someone offered that super-clean '75 Celica for only $11K....

If that's "super-clean," you might be on crack, friend.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
11/27/13 8:07 a.m.

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
11/27/13 9:49 a.m.
chandlerGTi wrote:
ZOO wrote: Whoa, those Recaros sure are a blast from the past.
Gotta be careful, there are Chinese knockoffs available. They are very good too if you don't really know recaros.

I think this made a weird and indelible impression on me in my formative years:

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
11/27/13 10:04 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: That's somebody's dream car. It'll sell.

Yep. If I had $11K to blow on another toy car (and a place to put it), I'd pay it.

edit: Sh1t... it's RHD too? Serious case of the "wants" here... I don't care what I still have to do to it to finish it.

Crack pipe was the all-original, low miles '77 Celica Liftback in the Carlisle corral this year with an asking price of $17K.

sanman
sanman Reader
11/27/13 1:12 p.m.

As much of a toyota and jdm fan as I am, $11k buys a hell of a lot with regard to these cars. Clean 240z, rx7, or mr2 would be more interesting to me for that money.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
11/27/13 1:14 p.m.

I want it. I also wanted a 240sx, so I bought one for $100.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lSBrgkcA9tSoF1GNG14zVNYr7biZmXZEg3l8YKL2GGIgfy94bzSgh3FQu4MUnVyu