1 2
Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/12/23 11:39 p.m.

I need something to help me go to sleep at night. This time I'll probably just read about the GT-R.

RollinM
RollinM New Reader
1/13/23 12:40 a.m.
David S. Wallens said:

And here's the official release:

YOKOHAMA, Japan – Nissan today unveiled the new Japan-market GT-R, including two special editions, the Nissan GT-R Premium edition T-spec, and Nissan GT-R NISMO Special edition. The 2024 models are planned to hit the market in the coming spring and will be joined by the NISMO versions, planned to go on sale in summer.

With “evolving toward ultimate driving pleasure” as its product concept, the Nissan GT-R continues to enhance its status as a premium sports car. The new models represent the next level of balance between speed and ride quality. "Fronted with a new grille design, cutting-edge technologies and craftsmanship, the new models are the pinnacle of the GT-R R35," said Nissan COO Ashwani Gupta.

The models feature improved aerodynamics and a refined ride quality. While maintaining horsepower, noise and vibration have been reduced and the sound carefully tuned to enhance onboard comfort.

T-spec represents the GT-R’s philosophy of leading and shaping the times and is inspired by the words trend and traction. The GT-R T-spec has been created to always be ahead of the times and to drive with robust grip. The Nissan GT-R Premium edition T-spec is now equipped with specially set suspension and carbon disc brakes, delivering the pleasure of a smooth ride and responsive handling.

The Nissan GT-R NISMO maximizes the use of racing technologies. By refining aerodynamic performance, suspension tuning, and adding a mechanical limited-slip differential to the front final drive, this is the highest-performance GT-R ever. The exclusive Recaro carbon back bucket seats have been refreshed for enhanced drive quality, providing a unified feel with the car and increased comfort. The Nissan GT-R NISMO Special edition uses high-precision weight-balanced engine parts, such as piston rings, connecting rods, crankshaft, and a clear-coated NISMO-exclusive carbon engine hood (with NACA ducts).

RollinM
RollinM New Reader
David S. Wallens said:

YOKOHAMA, Japan – Nissan today unveiled the new Japan-market GT-R, including two special editions, the Nissan GT-R Premium edition T-spec, and Nissan GT-R NISMO Special edition. The 2024 models are planned to hit the market in the coming spring and will be joined by the NISMO versions, planned to go on sale in summer.

With “evolving toward ultimate driving pleasure” as its product concept, the Nissan GT-R continues to enhance its status as a premium sports car. The new models represent the next level of balance between speed and ride quality. "Fronted with a new grille design, cutting-edge technologies and craftsmanship, the new models are the pinnacle of the GT-R R35," said Nissan COO Ashwani Gupta.

The models feature improved aerodynamics and a refined ride quality. While maintaining horsepower, noise and vibration have been reduced and the sound carefully tuned to enhance onboard comfort.

T-spec represents the GT-R’s philosophy of leading and shaping the times and is inspired by the words trend and traction. The GT-R T-spec has been created to always be ahead of the times and to drive with robust grip. The Nissan GT-R Premium edition T-spec is now equipped with specially set suspension and carbon disc brakes, delivering the pleasure of a smooth ride and responsive handling.

The Nissan GT-R NISMO maximizes the use of racing technologies. By refining aerodynamic performance, suspension tuning, and adding a mechanical limited-slip differential to the front final drive, this is the highest-performance GT-R ever. The exclusive Recaro carbon back bucket seats have been refreshed for enhanced drive quality, providing a unified feel with the car and increased comfort. The Nissan GT-R NISMO Special edition uses high-precision weight-balanced engine parts, such as piston rings, connecting rods, crankshaft, and a clear-coated NISMO-exclusive carbon engine hood (with NACA ducts).

RollinM
RollinM New Reader
David S. Wallens said:

RollinM
RollinM New Reader
1/13/23 12:41 a.m.
Driven5 said:

All I'm seeing is a new bumper and some boring (new?) colors... I don't feel like we're missing out on much here.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
1/13/23 6:02 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

14-15 yesr life spans - NSX, 200 series Land Cruisers - now GTR

Don't forget the C3.  1968-1982

Damn, my guess was wrong.  I was going to guess CVT....  Well, at least Nissan will stay true to form.  Just like their sedans are what you buy when Mitsubishi turns you down for financing, the GTR is what you buy when Lambo and McLaren laugh you out of their showroom.

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/13/23 6:52 a.m.

So if I get all that marketing speak, it looks different, has maybe less NVH, and that's about it?

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/23 7:10 a.m.
z31maniac said:

Nope, they were 300+. The 276 was something they did in Japan as a "gentleman's agreement." This has been well known for a couple of decades.

I forget if it was the 300ZX or the Supra, but people examined the ROM from a Japanese market computer versus an American market computer and found that they were the same tune.

And no American V8 made more than 425hp in the 1960s despite the engines getting larger, the heads better, the cams lumpier.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/13/23 11:35 a.m.

For 3/4 or less money, wouldn't you rather have this?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/13/23 11:51 a.m.
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) said:
mr2s2000elise said:

14-15 yesr life spans - NSX, 200 series Land Cruisers - now GTR

Don't forget the C3.  1968-1982

Damn, my guess was wrong.  I was going to guess CVT....  Well, at least Nissan will stay true to form.  Just like their sedans are what you buy when Mitsubishi turns you down for financing, the GTR is what you buy when Lambo and McLaren laugh you out of their showroom.

Ah yes, the C3, bastion of American ugliness. 

And I resemble your comment, as a current Mitsubishi owner, trying to buy a Nissan devil Guess, later in life, I am just making poorer and poorer decisions.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UberDork
1/13/23 11:52 a.m.
Appleseed said:

For 3/4 or less money, wouldn't you rather have this?

Yup R34 VSPEC for me, OR https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-nissan-skyline-44/

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
1/13/23 11:58 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:
z31maniac said:

Nope, they were 300+. The 276 was something they did in Japan as a "gentleman's agreement." This has been well known for a couple of decades.

I forget if it was the 300ZX or the Supra, but people examined the ROM from a Japanese market computer versus an American market computer and found that they were the same tune.

And no American V8 made more than 425hp in the 1960s despite the engines getting larger, the heads better, the cams lumpier.

Yes, if you research it. There was nothing different. The Japanese manufacturers literally lied about the HP they produced as a Gentleman's agreement, like I previously said and shared a source to back up my claim. 

I'm nor sure what bringing up 60s muscle cars has to do with 90s JDM cars. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
1/13/23 12:17 p.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

To read into both here, I believe Pete thought you meant only Japanese spec cars got the higher power.

I also think he's saying that American  muscle in the 60s made the same kind of gentleman's agreement..

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/13/23 12:55 p.m.
classicJackets (FS) said:

In reply to z31maniac :

To read into both here, I believe Pete thought you meant only Japanese spec cars got the higher power.

I also think he's saying that American  muscle in the 60s made the same kind of gentleman's agreement..

Well, the US models made 300-320hp while the Japanese models made "276hp", but yes.

And yes there was a lot of nudge nudge wink wink at the Big 3 in the 60s because they wanted to be an advantage in NHRA classing, and keep insurance rates down, and make sure only racers bought the super awesome stuff so that warranty claims stayed down.

Some GMs really did make rated power because they had a little tab on the Quadrajet that would keep it from getting full throttle.  Nissan did something similar on R34s, something about marking in the vacuum hoses where to remove a restrictor pill to increase power by a lot.

te72
te72 HalfDork
1/14/23 12:07 a.m.

Let's not forget about the NA / NB Miata being in the 15 year club. C4 Corvette nearly made it there too...

As far as Supras go, Japanese market 2jz's have smaller cams than the American market engines. They also had ceramic compressor wheels rather than the steel blades we had. Little differences, but they add up.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ruYXhQjILVTcPromWfdMhlJwdx62UayKXaxj9ieuHTkh6Dba5r4IwglQHWXvx4di