1 2
Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
2/20/09 9:25 p.m.

Been a long time since I was under a Europa, I could have sworn there was more room under there.

How about a VW Dasher/Fox or Audi transaxle with a 'Dub 2.0 16v motor? A VR6 would be nice but it would be tall, plus IIRC it won't easily mate to the Dasher/Fox/Audi north/south box.

wayslow
wayslow New Reader
2/20/09 10:01 p.m.

Ok, my wife has been home for 5 hours now and I still haven't told her. Since I already have a Locost, Spitfire and two motorcycles in the garage I've almost convinced myself that I could sneek one more LBC in without her noticing.........I may be delusional. I have a fire going and she has some Baileys in her so this may be my best opportunity. This may also be the last time anyone ever hears from me.

oldopelguy
oldopelguy HalfDork
2/20/09 11:47 p.m.

Dibs on the Locost!

nervousdog
nervousdog New Reader
2/21/09 8:13 a.m.

So, how did it go? Are you still able to post?

I haven't had the good fortune to be up close and personal with a Europa, would an LS1 fit?

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/21/09 11:10 a.m.

better question: are you still living at home or are you living in the Lotus?

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT New Reader
2/21/09 11:45 a.m.

If it's truly a basket case, just scatter the parts around the garage and backyard and she'll never notice the addition. As it come together and she finally notices, just tell her it's a LBC and you've had it for a long time. It's not a big deal if she didn't even notice if for a while, right?

Good luck!

noisycricket
noisycricket Reader
2/21/09 12:14 p.m.
Jensenman wrote: How about a VW Dasher/Fox or Audi transaxle with a 'Dub 2.0 16v motor? A VR6 would be nice but it would be tall, plus IIRC it won't easily mate to the Dasher/Fox/Audi north/south box.

Step 1: Find a front drive Audi 80. They had 2-liter 16vs.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/1036445741.html is an example.

Step 2. Do what comes naturally.

PS - Normally, I'd be envious. However, having sidled up to an Europa recently, and seeing that the roof is closer to the ground than my belt, I don't think I'd fit in one without some disassembly.

On the other hand, you might be able to slide the car in a crawlspace in your house.

Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
2/22/09 12:15 p.m.

FWD Audi 80's had 8 valve motors, SOHC, DOHC was available in the 5 cylinder motors and was 20V, and wanted by all Audi 5cyl owners and priced accordingly.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TVberlh0lsbKvnALhv11J3nmL1HhHcVwT1mYnRmvdyxxnxEbUP0kDp3utGHskoSk