1 2 3 4 5 6
grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
2/12/10 12:11 a.m.

Saturday (or Sunday) would work best for me. However, getting to meet some fellow GRM'ers would be a good reason to take a Friday evening off of work... Well, that, and the fact that I really could use a break from looking at Wrangler bodies-in-white all day.

Hopefully, by the time this comes together the people in the fine state of Virginia will have decided to stop being snowed on, and the car I bought down there will have finally been shipped.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
3/2/10 2:00 a.m.

Bumping this back into the living, since spring in NW Ohio is only a couple years away!!!

Who's in?

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/2/10 7:36 a.m.

Let me know when and i should be good to go from Mid Michigan

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Reader
3/2/10 8:15 a.m.

Pick almost any date and I'll be there.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
3/2/10 8:38 a.m.

I have been lax getting back with Snooks, will try to make contact this week

John Brown
3/2/10 8:48 a.m.

Aussie, let me know your intentions and I will put it up on the Book of Faces as well.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
3/2/10 1:51 p.m.

I sent the "manager" a email just now, will advise.

What else is planned? Do we have a list?

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
3/3/10 12:18 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: I sent the "manager" a email just now, will advise. What else is planned? Do we have a list?

Well, if everyone likes to eat, I believe BG still holds the world record for most pizza joints per capita...

There are actually some nice driving roads around here, with elevation changes and everything!!! If you guys are into that sort of hooliganism.

I also am going to be contacting North Coast Sportscars for a personal project, but I could probably set something up there if anyone wanted to check the place out.

I dunno... Are people just going to want to hang out somewhere, or do some cruising, or some combination of the two?

If nothing else, Bowling Green State University usually has about a 3-to-1 ratio of female students to male. They usually start sunbathing pretty early in the spring...

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
3/3/10 5:41 a.m.

I am up for anything.

Lets talk more about these "driving roads"
All that I know of is the south side of the Maumee River (Grand Rapids to Perrysburg) and Rt 105 (Pemberville-Woodville-Oak Harbor)
Are there more? Give up the secrets.

There is another one south of Norwalk OH named Ridge Rd (Township Rd 114) but that is nowhere near BG. It is more so "the fun way" to get from Sandusky to Mid-Ohio in Lexington.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
3/3/10 10:06 a.m.

If we want to eat at the Museum they sent me this.

Are we looking to do something this organized.

Steve

Snook's museum

Function Packages 1/31/08

Package #1 – Catering by Sam B’s $30 per person (Minimum of 30 people)

This package includes a Deluxe Buffet from Sam B’s Restaurant in Bowling Green, Tables, Chairs, Paper Napkins, Tablecloths, Plasticware, Set Up, Clean Up and Tear Down, Staffing, and Security.

Dinner includes: 2 Entrees of your choice * 2 Specialty salads Tossed salad Seasonal vegetable One side of your choice Rolls and butter * Three entrees available for additional charge

Package #2 – Catering by Edgewood Inn $27 per person (Minimum of 30 people)

This package includes a Buffet Dinner from Edgewood Inn and Catering in Bowling Green, Tables, Chairs, Paper Napkins, Tablecloths, Plasticware, Set-up, Clean-up and Tear Down, Staffing and Security.

Dinner includes: 2 entrées of your choice One side of your choice Tossed Salad Vegetable of choice Dinner roll and butter

Package #3 – Catering by Glass City Catering $25 per person (Minimum of 30 people)

This package includes a Buffet Dinner from Glass City Catering in Toledo, Ohio, Tables, Chairs, Paper Napkins, Tablecloths, Plasticware, Set Up, Clean Up and Tear Down, Staffing, and Security.

Dinner includes: 2 entrées of your choice One side of your choice Tossed salad Vegetable of choice Rolls and Butter

Package #4 – Luncheon Packages $15 - $22 per person (Minimum of people)

This package includes either Boxed Lunches or a Hot Buffet Luncheon, Tables, Chairs, Plates, Napkins, Plasticware, Set up, Clean up and Tear Down, Staffing and Security.

Package #5 – No catering included $10 per person (Minimum of $350)

This package includes Tables, Chairs, Paper Napkins, Tablecloths, Plasticware, Set Up, Clean Up and Tear Down, Staffing, and Security.

*This package allows you to handle the catering on your own.

Optional Costs

Ø Appetizers or dessert may be added to all buffet packages for an additional charge, please inquire about pricing

Ø $3 per person for china plates

Ø $2 per person for glassware

Ø $.50 per person for linen napkins

Ø $.50 per person for stainless silverware

Ø Chair covers for $3 each.

Ø Soft drinks & bottled water available at $1.25 per person

Ø Coffee service available at $0.50 per person

Ø Bartenders are available starting at $10 per hour

Ø Decoration set up and tear down can be provided for $200

Ø $1 per person for cake cutting

Ø $1 per person for cake plates, napkins, and forks

Ø Package price includes hall rental for 4 hours. Additional hall rental hours are $200 per hour

Catering is also available from Ben’s Table, Grammy’s Catering, Premier Catering, Michael’s, South Side Six, or any caterer of your choice.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
3/3/10 10:49 a.m.

Since most of us are cheap bastards, it might be best to skip the whole "organized catering" bit. There's plenty of places within a mile of Snook's to just munch and hang that are alot cheaper.

And Rt. 105 and River Road are the two closest, but if you go thru Grand Rapids, River Road continues on to Napoleon. The real secret is Tontogany Creek Rd., just off of River Rd.

Fairly short and narrow, and most of the turns are pretty blind, but it's a good time. We used to call it "Tail of the Gecko".

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
3/3/10 3:14 p.m.

So when suits you guys, I have more flexibility, but vote for a Saturday, say the 13th.

Is that too soon.

Steve

John Brown
3/3/10 3:25 p.m.

I bet you, me and Gearheadotaku would be there.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
3/3/10 3:34 p.m.

I am in if the MX6 is buttoned down by then. The 13th works for me.

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
3/3/10 6:00 p.m.
grafmiata wrote: The real secret is Tontogany Creek Rd., just off of River Rd. Fairly short and narrow, and most of the turns are pretty blind, but it's a good time. We used to call it "Tail of the Gecko".

Interesting!

Another odd fact/rumor:
Just down from The Anderson's in Maumee there is the factory/offices for Spartan Chemical. Built in the past 10 years and due to the amount of chemicals inside they required that a road be placed all around the building for fire truck access. Rumor is that the owner races his Porsches around the building. Sure, it is private property but if you want to check it out (at low speeds) it is a completely open path. The only thing to look out for is there is a sewer lid right in the middle of one back curve. Considering the money that guy has he could have built the "track" so much better.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
3/3/10 6:34 p.m.

What time do we plan on meeting?

Saturday is open from 11am to 4pm, do we want to meet around 12.30pm?

Check out the Museum, go eat somewhere, go for a cruise.

Starting a list

Copy and add your name if you are coming

1. Aussiesmg
  2. John Brown
  3. Gearheadotaku
jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
3/3/10 7:03 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Starting a list Copy and add your name if you are coming 1. Aussiesmg 2. John Brown 3. Gearheadotaku 4 JRW 1621 - John

12:30 works.
I say skip the cartering.
Food anywhere is fine.
A cruise is fine.

I think my E30 may need an alternator if there is any desire for a group project.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
3/3/10 7:07 p.m.

I think we will find a good meal in town so forget the catering, I have found a couple of nice places and cheap is everywhere, depends upon the consensus

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
3/3/10 7:14 p.m.

For food I think "guy food" so that would be things like wings/pizza, etc. I certainly do not need formality.
For those coming from Michigan maybe we should throw in a Waffle House since it seems that Michigan has none.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Reader
3/3/10 7:51 p.m.

1.Aussiesmg

2.John Brown

3.Gearheadotaku

4.JRW 1621 - John

1. Dead Skunk- Warren
EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/3/10 8:03 p.m.

Unfortunately I probably won't be able to make it. If it turns out I can i'll add my name in the list.

OrangeRazor
OrangeRazor New Reader
3/3/10 8:13 p.m.

Sorry guys, but the 13th is just a little too soon for me. I hope you guys enjoy it, sounds like it'll be great fun. I hope maybe you'll want to do it again sometime later in spring...?

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 HalfDork
3/3/10 9:52 p.m.

i wanna meet up with everyone from GRM but ill be out of town thursday. maybe ill put something together this summer. i could host. plus my 21st b day is coming up so it would be a smash

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
3/3/10 10:14 p.m.

Ur not 21, damn kid you have some future.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
3/4/10 12:15 a.m.

jrw1621 wrote:

For food I think "guy food" so that would be things like wings/pizza, etc. I certainly do not need formality.
For those coming from Michigan maybe we should throw in a Waffle House since it seems that Michigan has none.

There's a place right at exit 181 from I-75 called Fricker's that has everything from wings, munchies and burgers to a relatively decent porterhouse. From there, it's roughly a mile to Snook's. Plus, they know me quite well there, so reserving tables won't be a problem. It can be busy there on the weekends. Oh, there's also a Waffle House just down the street for those from the Great North who have been deprived of really bland breakfast food...

And JRW, I might be able to arrange access to the import shop where my buddy works if your car needs medical care while you're here. I'm trying to get him to come out for this anyway, if for no other reason than to sell a tr7 or two to Aussie...

So that makes...

1) Aussiesmg

2) John Brown

3) Gearheadotaku

4) JRW 1621 - John

5) Dead Skunk - Warren

6) Grafmiata - Will

1 2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8BHJRNlj6QiI53RHj1g4rROSCiILeSLTnbxmGwPuqXR4GiM1n29V4ZC7SJTEIzvn