1 ... 4 5 6
jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
3/12/10 9:28 p.m.

No spawn from me. Just me and my '87 BMW e30.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
3/13/10 12:42 a.m.

I'll be getting there a little early to grab some tables in case they forgot about me reserving some space. Plus, I want to make sure we get a good waitress... It's Fricker's, so I want a good Frickin' server!!!

I'll be there in either a shiny '92 Mariner Blue Miata with missing rockers, or a ratty-ass looking, multi-colored '94... Hopefully the '94...

Luke
Luke SuperDork
3/13/10 5:34 a.m.
DeadSkunk wrote: Bringing my youngest spawn with me.

I love how vaguely creepy that sounds .

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Reader
3/13/10 5:39 p.m.

You guys who stayed at home missed a good time ! Good food, NA beer,great company and a nice museum to visit. Nice meeting all the other gearheads.

Thanks

Warren

ansonivan
ansonivan Reader
3/13/10 5:59 p.m.

Hear, hear. Glad to be able to put more faces with names. Dude's car collection was impressive and inspirational, I'm now searching for a challenge priced Mule.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/13/10 6:14 p.m.

I was ready to roll and had a kid get sick.

Good to hear it was a good time.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
3/13/10 8:20 p.m.

It was fun, weather sucked but that mattered little to those of us who enjoyed a beer and a burger, then got the grand tour of Snooks by Jeff Snook. He even took us through the warehouse and we got to salivate over the Lotus he is taking to Sebring to race next week.

I recommend Snooks to anyone heading past Bowling Green on US75

Cooooool

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/13/10 9:11 p.m.

Had a good time, we need to work in a kart track or something for the next meet.

jrw1621
jrw1621 Dork
3/14/10 6:54 a.m.

We all sat at the same table with laptops open and typed feverishly to talk to one another...
Imagine if you will, real live human conversation with immediate feedback and direct interaction. Oh, and unlike me right now, everyone speaking was wearing pants!

Great time. Friendships strengthened. Connections made.

Private, guided tour of museum was quite cool. Talking vintage racing with the owner was tops. His Lotus Eleven was on-trailer and leaving soon for Sebring while his TR3 and 1969 Formula Ford remained behind. Having the owner personally lifting the hoods of beauties in the collection was quite nice.
The weather kept us from standing around - outside with our own hoods open. Next time the weather should be more cooperative; count me in!

John

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
3/14/10 2:50 p.m.
jrw1621 wrote: Oh, and unlike me right now, everyone speaking was wearing pants!

Now I know why Anson didn't talk much... It was cool to put more faces to the names here. Too bad the weather sucked, but it's probably best we didn't take a cruise.

On the way back to drop the "new" rat Miata back off at my buddy's shop, I discovered that at 45 mph in 3rd gear on a wet road, I can get wheelspin quite easily!!!

81gtv6
81gtv6 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/15/10 8:21 a.m.

I was bummed that I missd it but I was wiped out after my trip to VA and back. Next time.

ansonivan
ansonivan Reader
3/15/10 8:28 a.m.
grafmiata wrote: Now I know why Anson didn't talk much...

Technically speaking my pants and I both remained in Columbus all day and since I paid cash for fuel, burger and beer nobody can refute this claim. Unless of course your spawn took my picture with his Amish soul capture device.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
3/16/10 12:24 a.m.
ansonivan wrote:
grafmiata wrote: Now I know why Anson didn't talk much...
Technically speaking my pants and I both remained in Columbus all day and since I paid cash for fuel, burger and beer nobody can refute this claim. Unless of course your spawn took my picture with his Amish soul capture device.

Oh yeah? Well, you... Oh Hell, I got nothing.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi New Reader
3/16/10 8:54 p.m.

In reply to grafmiata:

When is the next one? I spent all day in the shop cutting spot welds...

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
3/17/10 12:57 a.m.

No idea... There was a thread here recently about a southern-Ohio deal hopefully coming together, and the Michigan guys do their "Bars-n-Cars" deals.

Maybe we could all get together and come up with some kind of semi-regular revolving schedule. Michigan, Columbus, Ft. Wayne, Toledo and Cleveburg areas would open it up for alot more people to make one or two meets, but still close enough together for the diehards to make most it to most of them.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
3/17/10 4:17 a.m.

Info for the next meet:

http://myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmEventDetail.Show?psevent_id=11245

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
3/17/10 11:19 a.m.

I won't be there for that one, I will be in the New England area for about 10 days, damn....well sorry guys but fresh Seafood wins out

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
seuh4v613Ecn9sJDA7NhXf1Bpn0NSomeA06NrMBRxjSMC3aS1fyMU4n2SloGxcEO