1 2 3
Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/25/13 9:44 a.m.

This weekends junk yard wanderings proved I need to carry a camera with me:

Parts Galore on 8-mile in Detroit

1985 Renault Alliance CONVERTIBLE. Car didn't have a scratch on it, very very good top and interior. Time capsule.

some sort of Fiat 4 door hatch back, late 70's/early 80's mid size car.

Parts Galore Flat Rock

Lancai Scoprion / Beta ? 2-door coupe thingy

98 Dakota 4 cylinder w/ manual trans

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/25/13 9:51 a.m.

i found a pretty rare truck that i wanted.

1994 silverado 1500. extended cab, short bed, 2wd. 6.5 turbo diesel/4L80-e

they didn't make many 1/2 ton diesels.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/25/13 9:52 a.m.

I always found it off that the nearest pick it yard does not allow cameras

itsarebuild
itsarebuild GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/25/13 9:57 a.m.

They don't want pictures of oil leaks and things going public

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltraDork
3/25/13 9:58 a.m.

You didn't happen to see any Saab 99/classic 900's did you?

Powar
Powar Dork
3/25/13 10:06 a.m.
mad_machine wrote: I always found it off that the nearest pick it yard does not allow cameras

That's what phones are for.

Gearheadotaku
3/25/13 10:16 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: You didn't happen to see any Saab 99/classic 900's did you?

Sorry,no, but wasn't paying much attention for those either.

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/25/13 10:27 a.m.

who knows this junkyard...all these pics are from the same place and it is a junkyard

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
3/25/13 10:36 a.m.

That looks like a place in Byron Indiana, they have cleaned it out now but I used to love going through it.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt SuperDork
3/25/13 10:49 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: 1985 Renault Alliance CONVERTIBLE. Car didn't have a scratch on it, very very good top and interior. Time capsule.

Weird, a couple weeks ago I saw a running example in the parking lot outside the Daytona 500. Those may be the last two such examples in existence in North America...

viking
viking New Reader
3/25/13 11:06 a.m.

Speaking of odd finds. Does anyone know where there is an RX3 wagon? I need the side and rear glass for a reasonable price.

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
3/25/13 11:20 a.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku:

Did you see any rx7s? I need to make a parts galore trip.

Also near Traverse City Michigan there is a place called swaynes, or swaines or whatever its spelled they dont have a sign or a website but it looks something like this:

I call it, where junkyard cars go to die, they also have a bunch of ancient steam powered dozers/buckets, new to old road tractors and I saw a nice P1800 coupe actually.

Kenny_McCormic
Kenny_McCormic Dork
3/25/13 11:26 a.m.

I was just at the 8 mile Parts Galore and totally missed the Fiat, where at roughly, imports or old stuff?

Gearheadotaku
3/25/13 11:36 a.m.

In reply to fidelity101:

There was 1 in the old stuff section, looked pretty bad. 1st gen body.

Gearheadotaku
3/25/13 11:38 a.m.
Kenny_McCormic wrote: I was just at the 8 mile Parts Galore and totally missed the Fiat, where at roughly, imports or old stuff?

old stuff section. I'm guessing it was some sort of Fiat by the fade marks left once the emblems had been removed.

yamaha
yamaha UltraDork
3/25/13 11:53 a.m.

In reply to cutter67:

I crave e21 tail lights.....

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/25/13 11:59 a.m.

In reply to yamaha:

Holy E36 M3 batman!!! i forgot to put them in trunk i have 2 of them....i wasnt go to replace them because i was waiting for a chunk to fall out or something but email or text a shipping address and i will get them to you

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/25/13 12:13 p.m.

In reply to cutter67:

looks like ellis wise's place on hall shop road in (iirc) fulton md, west of US29 between 216 and 32.

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/25/13 12:18 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair:

good guess but wrong... i will be at this yard on Tuesday picking up some parts

noddaz
noddaz GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/25/13 12:58 p.m.

Sheesh... Where is Javelin when you need him...

Nashco
Nashco UltraDork
3/25/13 3:32 p.m.

I was at the Portland South Picknpull on Saturday and there was a Rampside (Corvair truck) at the yard. Don't see that very often!

Bryce

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
3/25/13 3:57 p.m.
cutter67 wrote: In reply to AngryCorvair: good guess but wrong... i will be at this yard on Tuesday picking up some parts

See if that Nissan hardbody truck has a sunvisor that isn't broken.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
3/25/13 4:16 p.m.
cutter67 wrote: In reply to AngryCorvair: good guess but wrong... i will be at this yard on Tuesday picking up some parts

If you're picking up parts, than that rules out the guy over by Taneytown. Looks very similar, and he's got some treasures in there.

Latest odd find, a Pantera is sitting in the scrap yard down the street from me now.

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/25/13 4:16 p.m.

there's a place near burgettstown PA called Grubbs that looks much like the pics you posted. that place is a trip. i even came across a 54 4 door belair there and got the window cranks i needed for my car.

psteav
psteav GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/25/13 4:34 p.m.

Dauphine in a junkyard? Weird. I remember as a kid hunting parts for my Duster in a yard outside Stover, Missouri. Tucked away amongst all the 60s 70s and 80s American iron was, of all things, a freaking Panhard. My dad only knew what it was because his great uncle owned on in the 50's. I think it was the only foreign car in the yard.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U1FnKx6S9SxAspd0fXtxIhIgHK5CVuHDi8uxx9HuOHybnp4b0U0qdlRxyxv6RK8P