cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/25/13 4:57 p.m.

how about 210's there are 35 sitting in a row

510s there is about 25 of them

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
3/25/13 5:13 p.m.

I pulled the emblems off that dauphine, it is on my toolbox!

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo HalfDork
3/25/13 5:24 p.m.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
3/25/13 6:50 p.m.

Cutter

Is that yellow wagon a Corona Wagon, if so what type and condition are the bumpers, seeking non shock absorber type for mine.

Take a few photos of it also, there may be more I need.

This is mine

photo IMG_0529.jpg

Please, please, please

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
3/25/13 7:14 p.m.

where is that place in the woods? it looks awesome!

Knurled
Knurled GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/25/13 8:14 p.m.

I saw an F100 that had a Poly 318 under the hood.

That's pretty odd...

gunner
gunner GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/25/13 8:59 p.m.

I dont remember if theres any convertibles but theres a small fenced in (junk)yard (commercial no less) on the highway in quapaw OK thats got at least 15 renault alliances in it. Its active too. None of them look like they run but with that many there, theres for sure one running around there somewhere.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/25/13 9:17 p.m.

I've been out odditied.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/26/13 7:40 a.m.

I saw a first generation Maserati Quattroporte in a junkyard in Huntsville a while back...

iceracer
iceracer UberDork
3/26/13 9:16 a.m.

There is a place just west of Johnstown NY on SR 29. It is not a junk yard, but some of the cars have been there for awhile. I have never stopped but I believe the cars are for sale. They don't seem to sell many.

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
3/27/13 9:25 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: In reply to fidelity101: There was 1 in the old stuff section, looked pretty bad. 1st gen body.

Yeah thats been ther for years, its an 70s rx7 shell. Thats about thats left from it...

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/27/13 10:24 a.m.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
3/27/13 11:09 a.m.

In reply to cutter67:

^^^^^^ Where were those pictures taken?!?!?!

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/27/13 11:23 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: This weekends junk yard wanderings proved I need to carry a camera with me: Parts Galore on 8-mile in Detroit 1985 Renault Alliance CONVERTIBLE. Car didn't have a scratch on it, very very good top and interior. Time capsule. some sort of Fiat 4 door hatch back, late 70's/early 80's mid size car. Parts Galore Flat Rock Lancai Scoprion / Beta ? 2-door coupe thingy 98 Dakota 4 cylinder w/ manual trans

Did the Fiat look like a Rabbit/Omni? If so it was probably a Strada. Nice cars, my folks bought a new one in '80 and loved it. Mom drove it well into the late 90's before it finally died somewhere in Utah. Replaced it with a 80's Colt with the twin-stick which then turned to rust within days of hitting the Oregon Coast. :)

Gearhead_42
Gearhead_42 Dork
3/27/13 12:05 p.m.
patgizz wrote: there's a place near burgettstown PA called Grubbs

Sounds like I should swing by that way my next trip to BeavRun...

unevolved
unevolved Dork
3/27/13 12:15 p.m.

I always feel kinda sad when I leave junkyards, it's like walking through a pound. I want to save everything.

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
3/27/13 12:41 p.m.

In reply to Gearhead_42:

there is a scrap yard right by beaver run that has a auto shredder and they paid the highest prices for scrapped cars. we would sometimes sit there Saturdays and stop guys bringing in scrap cars we bought a few but we did get a lot of parts cheap that way.

jimbbski
jimbbski HalfDork
3/27/13 6:58 p.m.

Here in the Chicago area you just don't find interesting cars in junk yards. Being so close to the steel mills of NW Indiana most yards turn over their stock on a regular basis for the scrap value of the steel & aluminum. The further the yard is from a steel mill the more likely you are to have "old", interesting, or rare cars and trucks.

In fact just a couple of weeks ago 8 full size school buses went missing from a school bus companies lot! They had GPS trackers on them so the police were able to track them to a scrap steel yard. By the time they got there all of the buses were in pieces, ready to go the mills. Needles to say the yard's owner was arrested along with a number of his employees!

http://wgntv.com/2013/03/08/8-school-buses-stolen-turned-into-scrap/

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/28/13 7:24 a.m.
turboswede wrote:
Gearheadotaku wrote: This weekends junk yard wanderings proved I need to carry a camera with me: Parts Galore on 8-mile in Detroit 1985 Renault Alliance CONVERTIBLE. Car didn't have a scratch on it, very very good top and interior. Time capsule. some sort of Fiat 4 door hatch back, late 70's/early 80's mid size car. Parts Galore Flat Rock Lancai Scoprion / Beta ? 2-door coupe thingy 98 Dakota 4 cylinder w/ manual trans
Did the Fiat look like a Rabbit/Omni? If so it was probably a Strada. Nice cars, my folks bought a new one in '80 and loved it. Mom drove it well into the late 90's before it finally died somewhere in Utah. Replaced it with a 80's Colt with the twin-stick which then turned to rust within days of hitting the Oregon Coast. :)

Not a strada, this car was bigger.

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
4/1/13 11:41 a.m.

Related/unrelated

These things have been there forever, some stuff tends to rotate out while others just get moved around, somehow. I met the shop owner a few years back he was real nice and super cool about 2 car geeks just showing up, taking pictures and asking questions.

Some of you may know where this is or have def passed it on the highway in NW indiana.

jimbbski
jimbbski HalfDork
4/1/13 12:56 p.m.
fidelity101 wrote: Related/unrelated These things have been there forever, some stuff tends to rotate out while others just get moved around, somehow. I met the shop owner a few years back he was real nice and super cool about 2 car geeks just showing up, taking pictures and asking questions. Some of you may know where this is or have def passed it on the highway in NW indiana.

It's right off I-94, north side of the road. I passed it just last Thursday on the way back from the Tire Race in South Bend. I've looked at that place for many years and yes the stock of cars does change over time.

cutter67
cutter67 HalfDork
4/1/13 1:19 p.m.

i tried the number shown in the pics but disconnected would really like to get some information on the red 928 can anyone stop by

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/1/13 2:38 p.m.

Another reason I would move to Arizona.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi Dork
4/1/13 4:41 p.m.
cutter67 wrote: i tried the number shown in the pics but disconnected would really like to get some information on the red 928 can anyone stop by

Eight years ago he wanted 12000, I'm sure he wants 12000 now. I bought a 240d from him fifteen years ago or so.

Edit: the reason the number doesn't work is because the area code changed up there, not sure what it is now though. I would call that Porter Indiana

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fqrkYrHmTWo4REyXJm1zl64IldoMdkm8iD7hHxRY2s4rfckRK3zSxsElkBU3tkmj