1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 57
patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/10/16 2:28 p.m.

not sure yet, i think i have something on the 30th and thursdays are bad starting next week.

we can move it south a bit and keep you driving straight east. i'll see what looks like a not stupid idea.

we also have to get together at the piston power autorama in march.

XLR99
XLR99 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
1/10/16 4:18 p.m.

Just occurred to me that the local indoor kart track would also be a great place for a get together: High Voltage Indoor Karting

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
1/28/16 5:19 a.m.

Bumping this up

Date: February 20th, 2015

Time: 12:00pm EST

Location: Studebaker National Museum 201 Chapin St, South Bend, IN 46601

The admission price is $8.00 for Adults, Kids $5.00 and under 5 are Free.

http://tappinn.com/view/page/p/112751

Lunch Location: Scotty's Brewhouse 4340 N Main St, Mishawaka, IN 46545

http://www.scottysbrewhouse.com/index.php?src=directory&view=Locations&src...

Grtechguy
Grtechguy MegaDork
1/28/16 8:28 a.m.

I'll try to make it. Bring a kid along.

WingZombie
WingZombie New Reader
1/28/16 9:19 a.m.
XLR99 wrote: Just occurred to me that the local indoor kart track would also be a great place for a get together: High Voltage Indoor Karting

I've been wanting to check that place out. Going karting always makes me sad because it highlights my fatness...uh, I mean, my abundance of static traction.

XLR99
1/28/16 9:31 a.m.

I've been there a couple times; it's under a mile from my house.

Highly recommended!

patgizz
patgizz GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/28/16 8:33 p.m.
XLR99 wrote: I've been there a couple times; it's under a mile from my house. Highly recommended!

well let's go then.

life is getting back in order, should be able to plan something soon.

paranoid_android74
paranoid_android74 Dork
1/29/16 7:15 p.m.

Hell yes! I'd even come out to watch!

Edit: I just checked the date of this post. My bad

DeadSkunk wrote: Wednesday nights at Milan Dragway..... http://www.milandragway.com/racing-schedule
XLR99
1/30/16 6:27 a.m.
patgizz wrote:
XLR99 wrote: I've been there a couple times; it's under a mile from my house. Highly recommended!
well let's go then. life is getting back in order, should be able to plan something soon.

Sorry I missed this the other day, Pat. I thought I had email reminders on this thread too.

Is next Saturday the 6th too short of notice? Maybe we can get a few people to race, then go grab lunch somewhere after?

JAhmed
JAhmed Reader
2/1/16 5:15 p.m.
XLR99 wrote:
patgizz wrote:
well let's go then. life is getting back in order, should be able to plan something soon.
Sorry I missed this the other day, Pat. I thought I had email reminders on this thread too. Is next Saturday the 6th too short of notice? Maybe we can get a few people to race, then go grab lunch somewhere after?

I've been wanting to try out that Go kart place for a while now...only 10 minutes from where I live!!!

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon UltraDork
2/1/16 11:22 p.m.

In reply to XLR99:

Sounds fun, but I just had surgery on my right shoulder. I'm broken until early summer.

patgizz
2/2/16 8:42 a.m.

i think the 6th is ok, will know more later when my wife gets home from work. as soon as i get over to my mom's and switch out her broken windows i'm leaving the kids there and coming home to thrash on the Snaab and see if i can't get it all put back together today. front accessories, hoses, radiator, fan, finish plugging in wiring, fill oil, hope it works, then tune out the displacement on demand with my computer.

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
2/12/16 6:27 a.m.

Link to the thread

Great Lakes Racing Expo in Cincinnati OH, Sat Feb 20th 12-6pm. I'm bringing my slot cars too.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
2/12/16 7:07 p.m.

I did one of those indoor electric cart tracks in Nashville this week, what a load of fun. Seven minute heats, +/-36 second laps is a ton of fun. They said the carts were 600# and would do 45mph.

Out of the 100ish people I placed second behind a guy who brought his own helmet (I didn't know we were going) and had a membership to the track. .3 seconds off fast time is ok in my book!

Jerry
Jerry SuperDork
2/19/16 3:57 p.m.

Almost forgot, the HotWheel collector show is Sunday at Hara Arena in Dayton...

patgizz
2/20/16 8:51 a.m.

cleveland auto show next week? shopping new trucks, need to talk to the commercial guys because regular truck dealers are stupid and don't understand that i need a truck with all the strength and towing options and not all the foofy interior and gussied up two tone paint and 20" wheel options.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
2/22/16 7:19 p.m.

From the Midwest GRM page

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/midwest-grmer-meet/109265/page11/#post1999229

I am throwing up the Auburn, Cord, Duesy Museum and doing it on the weekend of the Auburn Spring Auction by Auction America on May 5 to 7th. If accomodations are needed I can organize them in Ft Wayne which is only 20 minutes south, I have doubts we can find anything closer as Auburn only has a couple of hotels.

http://www.automobilemuseum.org/#home.html

This way those who want to do a day can, those who want to go to the auction can join us for the meet.

Let me know and I will start the arrangements.

http://auctionsamerica.com/events/overview.cfm?SaleCode=AS16

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte SuperDork
2/22/16 7:58 p.m.

In reply to aussiesmg:

I was talking to a Cord owner at a show and he said they drag race at the museum show? . Makes the Ferrari racers look like wet eared paupers

patgizz
2/26/16 4:28 p.m.

going to cleveland auto show sunday morning, anyone in? still truck shopping.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
2/27/16 1:07 p.m.

Thanks for the invite Pat but I just don't have time this weekend, gotta get the transmission back into the F350

patgizz
2/28/16 8:15 a.m.

either way, we'll be there at 11am when they open. i've got my $2015 challenge shirt on.

patgizz
3/15/16 9:02 p.m.

autorama (piston power show) this weekend at IX center cleveland. will be there at 1 on sunday

XLR99
3/17/16 8:45 a.m.

I'm going as well. Looks like Sunday should be best for indoor stuff.

patgizz
3/17/16 9:57 a.m.
XLR99 wrote: I'm going as well. Looks like Sunday should be best for indoor stuff.

well lets go then. i have a group of buddies showing up at 4 but i am going to start early(1ish) and hook up with them before we leave. my BIL is in town from florida with my niece and nephews and they're coming over for dinner.

XLR99
3/17/16 2:50 p.m.

OK sounds like a plan!
Any other NeOhio GRMites going?

1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 57

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KNdw7VdBKUKe4yny84APDEFBP4A0p44M7FMboBRcJDE1MSI5QGmX6Ux4F374TWMt