Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/21/24 10:12 p.m.

So, i expect Keith will chime in tomorrow sometime, but we may be out of his wheelhouse. 

My challenge 1999 turbomiata build has a set of ohlins dfv coilovers. They have some issues id like to address.

The left front has a missing adjustment knob, assumed briken off in the wreck. Any ideas for an almost free knob replacement that aint vicegrips or other pliers?

None have boots or bumpstops i can find. I think i have some acura ones in a bin somewhere, but whats the bumpstops supposed to be like on these? Same with boots. 

The rear adjusters are almost impossible to access with the car assembled in street/show trim. Ohlins makes rear remote adjuters for $250, but no. How can i make my own to stick through the package tray?

The rear seems to have no travel. Whats involved in adding extended rear top hats to these? 

Planning tonrun hard s sway bars. Also have a 1.25 front bar i can use. Which bar?

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) MegaDork
10/21/24 10:28 p.m.

Only one thing in your list I can offer anything on. Run the big front bar and have the rear bar links readily removable. Way back when, I ran my supercharged NB with a 26MM Ranger front bar and no rear bar, and we came second in autocross. Look for Miata for sale listings of autocross CSP cars for an idea on setup.

Edit: I'll add a second comment. Good-Win sells extended tophats for NBs , so I would think you could fabricate/modify a set of stockers

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hZQ01cO1ozNevpTryw7kTMom8DOBmbax384CFwrue26bwLEhfOGtZquL0tQ7xndB