1 2
foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
1/4/09 6:57 p.m.

I didn't find painting difficult at all.

The first time I painted a car I did it with a brush, on the beach, windy, then it rained.

What I found extremely difficult was to paint well.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
1/4/09 7:46 p.m.

I think as long as it doesn't say "(fill in the blank) P.D." or actuall police markings, souldnt be too bad. If I get a P71 in the fall from cornell, it will get a new push bar, my record with deer mandate it. Too bad they use white, black with the spot lights and push bar would kick ass. Or I could do a winter camo paint job over the white and keep the goodies

Appleseed
Appleseed New Reader
1/5/09 3:35 p.m.
white_fly wrote: I'm trying to make the car NOT look like a cop car actually. It's going to be all black and I don't want to start a criminal record for a paint job. Spot light and push bars are off and staying off. Until I take it to a rallycross...

No push bars or spots? Sacrilege!

You have no idea how handy my spot has been.

Appleseed
Appleseed New Reader
1/5/09 4:29 p.m.

Ha. When I bought the 9C1 at the turn of the century, I still went to house parties. I'd show up and it was like roaches with the lights on.

"Dude, are you a cop?'

Ha hah ha hah hahahahaahahh...

white_fly
white_fly New Reader
1/6/09 9:18 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: No push bars or spots? Sacrilege! You have no idea how handy my spot has been.

Perhaps, but I just got a 3D Mag light with the LED so I'll have plenty of light if and when I need it. I can even step out of the car and still use it.

This job is starting to get the feeling of draginess. I want to paint so bad but know I have to take my time. I also broke my record of having not damaged anything. Rear window molding and front passenger door trim are toast. The car as it sits:

ww
ww Dork
1/6/09 9:57 p.m.

There are tons of retired police cars running around in California from the local auctions. They have half a million miles on them, but they usually still have the spot light and the push bar, but the emergency lights and markings are removed before they go to auction.

I'm thinking of getting one now, just to clear out the high school parties that happen every time someone's parents go out of town. With the spot light, add a PA, a totally legal "faux" stealth light bar in the back window and I could clean up my neighborhood in short order

"Keep it quiet or I'll be back with the wagon!"

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/16/24 12:07 p.m.

Wow, total zombie thread.

So, did the car get painted? 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wIWFaFYzGDzlpzW0VuhwzCKYa4evpFMRzy9aCf4zA4KybAp8Yg1utvQmxSEr4v8Z