1 2
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
8/30/24 8:51 p.m.

Red or yellow is a good pinstripe choice.  The other option would be body colour, but that really depends on the cars colour.  Charcoal grey would not be a good choice...

RacerBoy75
RacerBoy75 Reader
8/30/24 9:02 p.m.

Or black! smiley

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
8/30/24 10:25 p.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Black with red is like oak kitchen cabinets. Any current "popular" trend will be out dated soon (and waiting to come back around. Oak will never be as popular as "current fad", but not as tacky as (insert current fad here) is after that fad has faded. 
I was a fan of the red strip, before the mullet crowd tried to ruin it, or I'd probably agree!

The yellow strip screams nascar wanna bees, to me, since I know more of them, than I do sports car wanna bees!

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
8/30/24 10:46 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Did my old ford truck wheels using my beuglar, makes easy work of it.

If I can find it in my mess and if you pay shipping both ways I'd be happy to loan it to you.   Email jim at misfittoysracing dot com

No photo description available.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/31/24 8:15 a.m.

Does body color make the wheel look bigger or smaller?

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) MegaDork
8/31/24 10:06 a.m.

The car. Variations of gray stripes won't work, silver might.....

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
8/31/24 10:13 a.m.

In reply to JThw8 :

Thanks for the offer, Jim, but I'll probably use tape just so it can be undone easily if I don't like the look.

No Time
No Time UberDork
8/31/24 11:06 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

I have nothing to offer other than it's helpful to see what they look like on a real car and not photoshop.  

I'm thinking RBs in white for my BRG R56. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
8/31/24 11:15 a.m.

In reply to No Time :

My previous R53 (green and white) had 16" silver RBs vs the 17" charcoal ones pictured above. Here they are on the gray R53...

No Time
No Time UberDork
8/31/24 11:41 a.m.

The original wheels are gone, but they were the 8 spoke 17" with run flats.

I'm thinking I'll use the current 16" focals for winter tires and then get 16" RBs in the spring for summer tires. 

Although seeing the picture silver could also be an option, but im thinking white to go with the white roof and be a bit different than the more common black or silver. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/31/24 2:09 p.m.

You can get reflective "rings" of tape. Intended for motorcycles and bikes but they work on cars. Amazon, of course. I have them on the Tesla and a road bike. They match the wheels on the Tesla but it looks like something out of Tron at night :)

https://a.co/d/fpqpUdU

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
9/3/24 11:21 a.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

uhhhh.....sorry, that's a definite no.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
9/3/24 11:23 a.m.

How about 1/4" silver stripes? It's the same colour as the Sparco logo.

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
9/4/24 3:04 p.m.

Black with red is not a new trend. My wife's motorcycle from 2007 has that. Next to her car with polished lip. 

03Panther said:

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Black with red is like oak kitchen cabinets. Any current "popular" trend will be out dated soon (and waiting to come back around. Oak will never be as popular as "current fad", but not as tacky as (insert current fad here) is after that fad has faded. 
I was a fan of the red strip, before the mullet crowd tried to ruin it, or I'd probably agree!

The yellow strip screams nascar wanna bees, to me, since I know more of them, than I do sports car wanna bees!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
9/7/24 9:10 p.m.

In reply to Rusnak_322 :

Well, 07 IS new! I was talking about before the mullet was a popular hairstyle. cheeky

Course, a few on here, might be too young to have heard of that blush

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iyxkThsVPYSfLyMALal1NV0bFsltX08nsfsUIgPXZNvcTtn1fESvOpALAyFsXANq