JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
8/14/19 8:37 a.m.
feature_image

In-car data systems are becoming more affordable and more versatile than ever. Data systems can deliver copious amounts of performance information to drivers and teams via graphical and numerical analysis, allowing drivers to deconstruct their driving on a second-by-second basis: Something our project Z06 was in need of. 

But typically, this data analysis must be done after the fact. Some data …

Read the rest of the story

300zxfreak
300zxfreak New Reader
8/14/19 7:46 p.m.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I found it very distracting having to sort out that “voice” from all the other voices in my head telling me to do nefarious things, some of them simultaneously. Besides, couldn’t they get a sexier voice than Werner Kemp ???  (Young’uns will have to look that one up)

Floating Doc
Floating Doc GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
8/14/19 8:34 p.m.

Commercially available tinnitus! What will they think of next?

snelson
snelson None
8/15/19 8:53 a.m.

I've been using RaceVoice for over a year now in my race car and love it.  It's like having a coach riding shotgun.  Instant feedback on all of the little adjustments you make.

jstein77
jstein77 UberDork
8/20/19 12:50 p.m.
300zxfreak said:

..Besides, couldn’t they get a sexier voice than Werner Kemp ???  (Young’uns will have to look that one up)

Isn't that Klempler?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_Klemperer

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/20/19 8:29 p.m.

I spoke with the developers at NHMS a couple weeks ago. We discussed applicability to autocross. Anything that could get me up to speed sooner at an event would be great. Difficulty is distances are very short, but they felt something could be possible.

Anyone using the system that weekend had nothing but good things to say about it. You can have as much or as little info in your ear as you want.

They also said the number one question was regarding the voice. I suggested Jackie Stewart.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uHLewSg5SwoDWOrCLGsPpBFRjBrtwJHHLL9bOJDeu5yy5AoAWoZe6ag7LePviutL