1 2 3 4
John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/5/10 12:48 p.m.

I really hate to post this but it is true that Canadians are much cooler than Americans...

Nissan Commercial

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
4/5/10 1:01 p.m.

Proof that is not always the case:

cwh
cwh SuperDork
4/5/10 1:02 p.m.

I wonder was Leslie thinks of Celine.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/5/10 1:19 p.m.

What, I wasn't enough proof for you?

Celine's from Quebec. You have to watch out for Quebec women. They're all a little nuts. And besides, she's gone all Vegas. Once you do that, you're no longer Canadian or American. You're just Vegas.

Great video. Love the stop at the stop sign.

Dr. Hess
Dr. Hess SuperDork
4/5/10 1:27 p.m.
Keith wrote: Celine's from Quebec. You have to watch out for Quebec women. They're all a little nuts....

I've been to Quebec. It ain't just the women.

EricM
EricM Dork
4/5/10 1:36 p.m.

meh

Sultan
Sultan Reader
4/5/10 1:46 p.m.

The Taga Newfoundland is the only way Canada is cooler than the US.

Kia_racer
Kia_racer Reader
4/5/10 1:50 p.m.

+1

Loved the other RC's taking the video

DrBoost
DrBoost Dork
4/5/10 2:35 p.m.

No, they put gravy on french fries. That's just WRONG!!

eg6ajk
eg6ajk New Reader
4/5/10 2:37 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: No, they put gravy on french fries. That's just WRONG!!

And cheese.....Damn poutine loving, frenchies....

JeepinMatt
JeepinMatt HalfDork
4/5/10 2:37 p.m.

They did invent hockey. That earns them major points.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Reader
4/5/10 2:44 p.m.

Yeah !!! Poutine is wonderful stuff. It'll eventually kill ya, but it's great. Easy on the Quebec stereotypes, that's my home and I'm more normal than most of you guys !

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/5/10 2:54 p.m.
DeadSkunk wrote: Yeah !!! Poutine is wonderful stuff. It'll eventually kill ya, but it's great. Easy on the Quebec stereotypes, that's my home and I'm more normal than most of you guys !

Seven of my multiple personalities are more normal than you.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
4/5/10 2:55 p.m.
DrBoost wrote: No, they put gravy on french fries. That's just WRONG!!

If gravy on fries is wrong then I don't wanna be right.

Raze
Raze HalfDork
4/5/10 3:00 p.m.

Canadians just know how to have more fun, I mean damn I felt like I was 10 years old rocking that commercial!

Keith
4/5/10 3:25 p.m.

Quebecers are all fun. But sorry, the girls are nuts. In a fun way - at first. I've never found the guys to be the same, but then again I haven't found myself in a relationship with one...

The first time I met my friend Rick Weldon in person, I was underneath a hot race car trying to change a sway bar without burning myself. He heard me swear and said "I didn't know you spoke French! I dated a girl from Quebec for a while".
"They're all nuts", I replied.
"It's true!", he said. "And everyone says that. Why didn't they tell me before?"

Poutine is the exact opposite of Chinese food. You don't necessarily feel full after eating it, but you don't want to eat again for about two days. It's the perfect skiing food.

flountown
flountown New Reader
4/5/10 3:42 p.m.

The only thing they got right was poutine and hockey...and I despise French Canadians...

Capt Slow
Capt Slow HalfDork
4/5/10 4:02 p.m.

yes currently 43 degrees cooler....

Mean Temp of Canada

Mean Temp of USA

Yes I know that alpha gave me 1/2 assed means....

ditchdigger
ditchdigger Reader
4/5/10 4:25 p.m.

Kia_racer
Kia_racer Reader
4/5/10 4:28 p.m.
JeepinMatt wrote: They did invent hockey. That earns them major points.

If Canada invented hockey. . . then why were 4 of the original 6 teams from the US?

Just wonderin'

ZOO
ZOO GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/5/10 4:34 p.m.
Kia_racer wrote:
If Canada invented hockey. . . then why were 4 of the original 6 teams from the US? Just wonderin'

Same reason as now -- money.

Keith
4/5/10 6:02 p.m.

There were four teams in the NHL in the first season. The Montreal Canadiens, the Toronto Arenas (later the Maple Leafs), the Ottawa Senators and the Montreal Wanderers. Some US teams came later of course - but if you go back to the roots, it was a Canadian thing. The "original 6" didn't come into existence as a term until 1967, and only two of them were actually part of that first season.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
4/5/10 6:13 p.m.
Kia_racer wrote:
If Canada invented hockey. . . then why were 4 of the original 6 teams from the US? Just wonderin'

Gotta remember that the "original six era" didn't start until about 1940-ish, and the NHL had been around since 1917. The Original Six refers to the six teams that were around before the 1967 Expansion; they had the "original six" and the six expansion teams.

Off the top of my head I can think of The Montreal Maroons, Philadelphia Quakers, New York Americans, and Pittsburgh Pirates who all played in the NHL in the early years. And thats probably missing a lot who only lasted a single season or so.

The only "original" teams to the NHL that are still around are the Ottawa Senators (although different from the Senators now) and the Montreal Canadians.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Reader
4/5/10 6:38 p.m.

More hockey trivia. There have been over 50 different teams play in the NHL. That includes franchises that moved and changed names.No new teams entered thew league between 1934 and 1967.

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
4/5/10 7:11 p.m.

Meh, enough with the hockey bragging battle.

If Canadians were really cool, the video producers would have have used real cars, real choppers, real roads, etc, etc.

Heck, they might have even filmed some wild across-and-over-the-dunes action featuring an obscure, but awesome, awd contraption. Ooops..........

Instead, they use toys.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c9pyWLMabPQFrhMp286mA4AFWSB4vmt0r3xPZWtMsqKBLwYcbM6giLedc80rGwnp