1 2
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/19 9:42 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

Are you on the H&R's? Mine rubbed with those springs but doesn't anymore on the coilovers.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/30/19 9:43 a.m.

Damn son- That's not bad. Not bad at all.

LifeIsStout
LifeIsStout GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/30/19 9:46 a.m.

If you are willing to go up to Bellevue, I had to have one of my windows redone (someone tried to break into the car, shattered the window) at Midnight Tint- 12121 Northup Way #101, Bellevue, WA 98005.  They did a fantastic job.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/30/19 9:47 a.m.

Yes, H&R and KYB. I also used spacers/adaptors to get JUST the right fitment and although my wheels are staggered I always run the same size tires. This lifts the front just a little bit but I prefer to get all the life possible if I’m buying good tires.

Javelin
7/30/19 10:02 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

I was never happy with my H&R/KYB combo at all, and now having ~100 miles on the Godspeed's reaffirms that feeling. They are not matched well and my 5 rode harshly and was kind of "crashy" over dips and rubbed everywhere, even with camber arms in the back. This new setup is a hundred times better.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/30/19 10:08 a.m.

Interesting that you didn't like the H&R setup. I have the full H&R coilovers for my speed3, and even at full dump they're pretty comfy. Granted I'm a glutton for punishment, but I've never had a problem with them. I wonder if it was the shocks- I believe the ones in the full coils are sourced from Bilstien. 

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/30/19 10:16 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

More than likely the KYBs couldn’t dampen the extra spring rate.  The GR-2’s are pretty much OE equivalent dampers (as confirmed by one of their sales reps) with a recognizable name brand that also sells high performance dampers in their other lines.

The H&R with properly matched dampers would more than likely work quite well.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/30/19 10:18 a.m.

In reply to Stefan :

That makes a lot of sense. 

Javelin
7/30/19 10:30 a.m.

In reply to Stefan :

I had the upgraded monotube Gas-A-Just KYB's but still agree with everything you said. It's the dampeners that are the problem, not the springs. I'd imagine that some Koni's would pair well with them.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/30/19 10:31 a.m.

I wouldn’t characterize the ride as crashy at all, it is Better than stock which was economy car like at best. 

CyberEric
CyberEric HalfDork
7/31/19 10:42 a.m.

Looks really, really good! 

My vote is no tint, if you care. It looks so much cleaner and more sophisticated without tint. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WayxNgRWpTNTRvDarBes2l6PqxAFJJfa6qKztb5MfKxOBOhxoYmHjMUdvApQC6WJ