westsidetalon
westsidetalon Reader
3/11/13 8:30 p.m.

parking lot whip!!!!!

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
3/11/13 8:34 p.m.

Seems like as good a way to die as any. I'm in.

mw
mw Dork
3/11/13 8:46 p.m.

That looks like tons of fun. I wonder what sort of gear drive it uses.

mndsm
mndsm PowerDork
3/11/13 9:05 p.m.

Wait, how the hell does it move? You got some sort of diff hooked up to the ass end? The masses need to know!

Ranger50
Ranger50 PowerDork
3/11/13 9:13 p.m.

And I thought modified Go-Peds were dangerous.

hrdlydangerous
hrdlydangerous HalfDork
3/11/13 9:14 p.m.

Hmm... I see the throttle. Where are the brakes? Or is it breaks?

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver SuperDork
3/11/13 10:33 p.m.

In reply to hrdlydangerous:

Brakes are for Bob Costas.

westsidetalon
westsidetalon Reader
3/12/13 6:49 p.m.

Motoboard from the late 70s, shaft drive and ring&pinion rear end and yes, no brakes.

poopshovel
poopshovel UltimaDork
3/12/13 7:33 p.m.

It's tough to believe no one has made a gif of the deathtrike/rollerblade wipeout. Now would be a great time to post it.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
3/12/13 8:02 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel:

Your wish is my command... Of all the different poo I brought to the Challenge this by far was the funnest.

BBC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVXOxcfOQxI

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
3/12/13 8:04 p.m.
Billy_Bottle_Caps wrote: In reply to poopshovel: Your wish is my command... Of all the different poo I brought to the Challenge this by far was the funnest. I give you the sui-i cycle BBC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVXOxcfOQxI
16vCorey
16vCorey PowerDork
3/13/13 8:23 a.m.
Billy_Bottle_Caps wrote: In reply to poopshovel: Your wish is my command... Of all the different poo I brought to the Challenge this by far was the funnest. BBC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVXOxcfOQxI

That was literally the first thing I saw upon arrival that year. As I pulled into the parking lot a rascal from hell and Matt go flying past in front of me, then BAM! I'm so glad I made it in time to witness that.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
3/13/13 9:07 a.m.

Now I have another reason to go back to the Challenge: to see all the pain and FAIL this "device" will bestow upon its riders.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/13/13 9:32 a.m.

Yes, this must be entered in the challenge for all events including the valve cover race.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
3/13/13 9:35 a.m.
westsidetalon wrote: Motoboard from the late 70s, shaft drive and ring&pinion rear end and yes, no brakes.

What are the magical search terms that allow me to find a miniature shaft drive w/ ring and pinion capable of propelling a fat human to his death w/o stripping cheap plastic gears? Ebay keeps changing 'motoboard' to 'motto board'

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
3/13/13 10:23 a.m.
westsidetalon wrote: parking lot whip!!!!!

"death on stick, mate"

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter UberDork
3/13/13 12:08 p.m.

One of the few (only?) times I would be more impressed by a FWD.

That is... unless it drifts.

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/13/13 1:12 p.m.

westsidetalon
westsidetalon Reader
3/14/13 9:06 a.m.
EvanB wrote:

^reminder that is Matt and not me , he is the fruitbooter of the bunch and has payed dearly. I will be piloting the Motoboard and plans are for a beer trailer with strobelights/pinwheels.

westsidetalon
westsidetalon Reader
3/14/13 9:07 a.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
westsidetalon wrote: Motoboard from the late 70s, shaft drive and ring&pinion rear end and yes, no brakes.
What are the magical search terms that allow me to find a miniature shaft drive w/ ring and pinion capable of propelling a fat human to his death w/o stripping cheap plastic gears? Ebay keeps changing 'motoboard' to 'motto board'

very rare indeed, be lucky to find one

PseudoSport
PseudoSport HalfDork
3/14/13 1:13 p.m.
EvanB wrote:

Hey, that’s my challenge car, lol! We might have to wrap the XJ-R in a few layers of bubble wrap this year. That or go with a new ZAV theme with spiked bumpers

ss
ss New Reader
3/15/13 11:54 a.m.

My ass still hurts, Fruitbooter Ouch I'll be sure to remember that one

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mW2EIf2d3GBqjaUBUDk3Jgtxr3lUiIbH5oXWmj8Ym0E4ueaFHPlfM2DkchIhN7UV