1 2
fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
1/10/13 10:31 a.m.

I can look on the SCCA pages all day long for each region and comb to see whos out there but many have long outdated sites and lack information.

I'm on the job hunt and open to serious relocation (because this job is awful), I don't mind moving to a completely different part of the country as long as they have rallycross. I may even give up winter because I dislike my job so much...

How bout it, who here knows about strong rallycross regions in their area? Memphis TN? ND? MN? WA? NC?

I know Chicago has none, Detroit (current location) and Ohio thrive.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
1/10/13 10:33 a.m.

Central midwest is pretty strong. I'm in the Kansas City area, and we JUST got our rallyx group started, we've had one event EVER. Lots of interest though, will likely be several events this year. Plenty to go to within 100 miles.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/10/13 10:36 a.m.

There is some down here in Huntsville, AL. I am about start this year.

Edit: There were six last year. http://www.huntsvillerallyx.org/1.html

Double Edit: Plus six around Harpersville, AL ~2 hours away.

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
1/10/13 10:38 a.m.

In reply to JohnInKansas:

100 miles is great distance for me. I figure with the truck I am willing to go up to 3 hours each direction but I don't want to have a 6 hour drive every month. Hopefully find some closer ones too.

carguy123
carguy123 UltimaDork
1/10/13 10:38 a.m.

Sure wish there was some in N. Texas.

Did you guys watch the Rallycross episode of TG UK? Awesome!

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit HalfDork
1/10/13 12:37 p.m.

D.C region has a number of events and a good showing at most events.

The D.C region is on Yahoo groups.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/wdcprorally/

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/10/13 12:43 p.m.

North Carolina has events, usually located in Wilson, NC.

This coming year we will probably have less events (4-5 instead of 7), but the events will be larger.

http://www.thscc.com/general/info/calendar.php (not up to date, yet)

if you head a bit West, there is another club that is currently only doing autocross. http://www.auto-x.com/

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
1/10/13 12:53 p.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy:

4-5 is better than none I guess. We have about 9 or 10 a year in our region.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/10/13 12:59 p.m.

I'm surprised John hasn't made a trip out to the Back 40. Clem invited me out and I liked it so much I bought a car solely for it. Just have too not worry about berkeleying it up. I drive 2 hours to get there. Its a blast. We go out as much as possible. I wouldn't run that Nissan though. Run a junket.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce HalfDork
1/10/13 1:00 p.m.

Texas Rally Sport runs the events in the Houston area. Just starting the second season now and we can run all year. We run at two different sites so there will be an hour+ drive for at least one of them. Two of last years national champions came out of this group for whatever that's worth. New Orleans is also running a group under the SCCA and trying to get momentum. I'm driving over there to run with them this weekend so I can report back later. I know that they run events in the Dallas area too though I haven't run with them yet. Houston is nice for motorsports. Autocross every other weekend all year, rallycross once a month and road courses both north and south of town.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas Dork
1/10/13 1:01 p.m.

In reply to N Sperlo:

Its on my list, it really is. I'll bring the Beetle sometime this summer if you yobbos promise not to mangle it up.

barrowcadbury
barrowcadbury New Reader
1/10/13 1:03 p.m.

This is the club for Minnesota, South Dakota and Western Wisconsin:

http://www.scca-lol.org/rally/rallyx/schedule.php

kylini
kylini New Reader
1/10/13 1:11 p.m.

We don't have an effective program here in Iowa, even though we're trying (1 event a year at a poor location). I've heard good things about Nebraska's program.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/10/13 1:14 p.m.
JohnInKansas wrote: In reply to N Sperlo: Its on my list, it really is. I'll bring the Beetle sometime this summer if you yobbos promise not to mangle it up.

Thats a hard promise to meet unless you want to run solo while we cool down. We really do play hard. I'll throw up some car pics on the Back 40 thread later.

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
1/10/13 1:15 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce:

We run year round here too, in Michigan. Season opener was last Saturday but I had to miss it because of work and funds :(

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/10/13 1:20 p.m.

Central Ohio is obviously the place to be.

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
1/10/13 1:27 p.m.

In reply to EvanB:

Yeah that was a great event, I'm hoping to make it down there more often. Find me a job in central ohio then and I can do both DET and Ohio. You, Pete and I would have a pretty competitive MR class too

EvanB
1/10/13 1:46 p.m.

I'm looking for a job as well. Haven't had much luck thus far.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/10/13 1:48 p.m.

In reply to fidelity101:

What kind of work are you looking for?

eastsidemav
eastsidemav HalfDork
1/10/13 1:48 p.m.
EvanB wrote: I'm looking for a job as well. Haven't had much luck thus far.

Evan, what field are you in?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo UltimaDork
1/10/13 1:49 p.m.

Manufacturing guys willing to move to The Lou, send me resume.

fidelity101
fidelity101 HalfDork
1/10/13 1:51 p.m.

In reply to 93EXCivic:

I double Majored in Automotive Management and Psychology I have an associates in automotive service technology (with shop experience) and in school I held an active "manager" role in formula SAE.

I'm the exception to the rule!

Realistically I'm looking for a career in purchasing, buyer, program management, project management, sales engineer, field service rep, account management or engineering support.

I've been turned down for jobs because I was too technical for sales and not technical enough for engineering. Or I get more calls from recruiters for some contract hire call center or entry level dealership position.

I currently work as a technical service rep in a warranty call center contract hire for semi truck and trailer components, I'm bored with this.

EvanB
1/10/13 1:54 p.m.
eastsidemav wrote:

Just graduated with a BSBA in Economics, Entrepreneurship minor. Looking to get into purchasing, logistics, operations management or something similar.

93EXCivic
93EXCivic MegaDork
1/10/13 1:56 p.m.

In reply to fidelity101:

I sent you a PM.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav HalfDork
1/10/13 2:00 p.m.
EvanB wrote:
eastsidemav wrote:
Just graduated with a BSBA in Economics, Entrepreneurship minor. Looking to get into purchasing, logistics, operations management or something similar.

Darn, probably can't help on the job front (I'm still in IT), but I'll keep my ear to the ground.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iV7L5eaIap8YruAGyFoU5ejebALYWqeOgVsdQQIS6Lvoza7yJt1ebUsEgjBccsH7