Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
8/12/20 12:43 p.m.
feature_image

What car has front-wheel-drive, 528 horsepower and the ability to lap the Nürburgring in less than eight minutes? If you said anything other than the Lynk & Co 03 Cyan Concept, you'd be wrong.

Sure, Nürburgring lap times aren't the be all, end all, but we think it's cool to keep track of the achievements—especially when the 03 Cyan Concept currently holds the Nürburgring records for both the fastest four-door …

Read the rest of the story

Saron81
Saron81 HalfDork
8/12/20 12:58 p.m.

Saw these (Cyans) in touring car races last year, and had to look them up. Had no idea they existed, lol!

brianathasport
brianathasport New Reader
8/12/20 1:53 p.m.

Wonder what the Type R would have done with that much Horsepower. Even with 415HP from the Hondata fuel upgrade and an ethanol tune I can see it competing with that. 

iansane (Forum Supporter)
iansane (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/12/20 1:58 p.m.

Damn. A FWD car with 285 width tires? Is power steering electric or hydraulic? Or a combo?

That's a hell of a name.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
8/12/20 2:55 p.m.

I'm a bit surprised that Cyan Racing doesn't paint their cars, well, cyan.

Shaun
Shaun Dork
8/12/20 3:27 p.m.
MadScientistMatt said:

I'm a bit surprised that Cyan Racing doesn't paint their cars, well, cyan.

Something do do with the color of money perhaps?  Cool looking beast!

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
8/12/20 3:46 p.m.

I wonder how much intellectual property theft went into the R&D and engineering of that car. 

Vigo (Forum Supporter)
Vigo (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/12/20 10:35 p.m.

That is a weird visual mishmash of a dodge dart, a dodge charger, and a little mustang in the headlights. Derivative, but good looking.  Cool performance. Whats the interior look like is what im now going to seek out. 

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
8/13/20 8:11 a.m.

In reply to Vigo (Forum Supporter) :

Those weird lights on top of the fenders ruin it for me. It looks like a Nissan juke.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w GRM+ Memberand UberDork
8/13/20 8:47 a.m.
Vigo (Forum Supporter) said:

That is a weird visual mishmash of a dodge dart, a dodge charger, and a little mustang in the headlights. Derivative, but good looking.  Cool performance. Whats the interior look like is what im now going to seek out. 

That's the standard version, not the Cyan Racing version.

It is based on the same platform as the Volvo XC40.

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
8/14/20 7:01 a.m.
accordionfolder said:

In reply to Vigo (Forum Supporter) :

Those weird lights on top of the fenders ruin it for me. It looks like a Nissan juke.

I didn't notice those before. That totally lifts the face up from where a Dodge Dart's would be and makes it more ridiculous than cool. I see a bit of Panamera there. 

If I had one I'd body color vinyl over that mistake and return it to its upmodel Dart splendor (which I thought it was in the first place)

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/23/20 10:52 a.m.
iansane (Forum Supporter) said:

Damn. A FWD car with 285 width tires? Is power steering electric or hydraulic? Or a combo?

That's a hell of a name.

I knew a guy who built a DSP prepped '02 GTI that had 285 A6s on the front.  It was beastly fast.  So fast he didn't have the experience to drive it (basically went from an under-prepped ST car to a uber-prepped DSP car) so he sold it and bought a ES car.  

Nope.  While I somewhat follow the Volvo community, I'd never heard of this car.  Definitely interesting.  I think I'd still rather have a CTR.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lVJeVHZ8WgDoCOcfKTxSkR4VzGiSkSK3DLfRtSI88FWmKQZcxBDnD5vFPMxvhLBM