Cyclone03
Cyclone03 New Reader
9/22/24 6:35 p.m.

Tom you nailed a point I knew would make me more productive in the shop but was unable to fully realize until I retired,sorry old guy.

Create a zero set up work space. Don't forget its partner ,a zero tear down work space as well!

Being able to go out and just start is as great as it sounds,but being able to walk away after turning things off and unplugging others is what really makes it.

How many times do we hear, "let's grab lunch",or "how about we go out?" The time saved just being able to drop it and go helps with the other important part of a project car,not being married to it! 

Im very bad about that because I set progress goals that are frequently over ambitious leaving me feeling behind so I dig in with doors closed until I catch up,when I should just drop it and take my wife out.

Being able to "drop it and walk out" has other benefits ,if you happen to be doing sheet metal rust repair on a 64 Comet that you're doing a 3 link on (see build section) sometimes those welds need to cool...just step out. 

Now I'm not saying the space doesn't need a reset from time to time,all that cutting dust gets everywhere you know,but not having to create a space for the wife's daily saves a tone of time!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ndMGEGvejKrup4BdDG30rxdPmZMHYpSY3J3IbGHnVDUGcWNOGonJ6paVho4cMIGS