1 2 3
David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/27/08 3:26 p.m.

As most of you know, we're moving this Friday. We have some stuff that we'd rather not move--T-shirts, books, pins, hats, stickers, goodies, etc., that have accumulated in our offices over time. Most of it is car-related. We have packaged this "swag" into easy-to-ship boxes. So, how do you fit in? We'll award one box of "stuff" to the owner of the highest-rated Readers' Ride at the close of business each day this week until we run out of boxes. Since it's almost 5:00, we'll start awarding the boxes tomorrow. Have friends? Better get them to vote.

Fine print: U.S. addresses only since shipping is expensive; winners to be awarded at or around 5 p.m. Florida time; no bitching about the contents of each box or anything since this isn't even an official contest. Good luck.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/27/08 3:30 p.m.

I want swag! Everybody vote for my P71 cop car! Or my RX7 :grin::cool::twisted:

Wowak
Wowak Dork
5/27/08 3:39 p.m.

So what happens if we all vote for David's cars? :twisted:

David S. Wallens
5/27/08 3:42 p.m.
Wowak wrote: So what happens if we all vote for David's cars? :twisted:

You know, I thought about that. If one of my cars wins, the prize goes to second place. How's that? I don't need my own swag.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
5/27/08 3:45 p.m.

Damn, I was hoping we'd force you to mail a box of swag to your own house. You know.. have your wife more perplexed than usual.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/27/08 4:40 p.m.

is that possible?

David S. Wallens
5/27/08 4:47 p.m.
mad_machine wrote: is that possible?

Probably not. Actually, she puts up with the car stuff very nicely.

mad_machine
mad_machine GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/27/08 4:59 p.m.

well, I finally added my Saab and Fiat. Not much to say really

Wowak
Wowak Dork
5/27/08 5:24 p.m.

Is it bad to admit that I like Kara's blue Miata better than mine? (I added Kara's car as my car because, well, she doesn't read or post here.)

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
5/27/08 5:55 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: ..........Have friends? Better get them to vote.....
Have Friends? Right, like that is going to happen. All my friends are on the internet and are not going to vote for a Trailblazer.
JFX001
JFX001 HalfDork
5/27/08 6:02 p.m.

You know, I'm still waiting for my license plate thingy from the "Army of Darkness" quote contest that I won some 6-8+ months ago.:grin:

-John

Salanis
Salanis HalfDork
5/27/08 6:03 p.m.

Groovy.

David S. Wallens
5/27/08 6:31 p.m.
JFX001 wrote: You know, I'm still waiting for my license plate thingy from the "Army of Darkness" quote contest that I won some 6-8+ months ago.:grin: -John

I thought Metal won that. Send me your details, and I'll get something out to you.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
5/27/08 7:33 p.m.

You know, I just have to say you guys sure are feeling generous lately. I just read in this months issue that you sent a free copy of the magazine to every memeber of the National MGB Register, after the NAMGBR news-zine won the best club newsletter constest. Thats like tons of people, including me!

David S. Wallens
5/27/08 9:27 p.m.

Well, we try to be generous people. And look, we have a new leader in the Readers' Ride contest!

Wowak
Wowak Dork
5/27/08 9:51 p.m.
mattmacklind wrote: You know, I just have to say you guys sure are feeling generous lately. I just read in this months issue that you sent a free copy of the magazine to every memeber of the National MGB Register, after the NAMGBR news-zine won the best club newsletter constest. Thats like tons of people, including me!

Shh, we all know they're a bunch of sell-outs. :grin:

David S. Wallens
5/28/08 12:51 p.m.

So, everyone post their car in the Readers' Ride forum? We have some fabulously elegant prizes for you guys.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
5/28/08 1:26 p.m.

I posted both of mine. Can I combine them to jack up my score? :twisted:

Carson
Carson Reader
5/28/08 1:26 p.m.

Can I cheat and post pictures of nekked girls?

David S. Wallens
5/28/08 1:27 p.m.
Carson wrote: Can I cheat and post pictures of nekked girls?

Um, no. Creative, though.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/28/08 1:37 p.m.

Just put mine up. Hell of a way to generate interest!

David S. Wallens
5/28/08 2:02 p.m.

And we keep finding more cool stuff to give away. Maybe we'll open it up beyond first place. We'll let you guys know at 5:00.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/28/08 2:42 p.m.

I'm just blown away by the variety in the top-rated ones.

On the other hand, I'm definitely getting pickier about which ones I vote or comment on. A good description and good pic are big pluses.

John Brown
John Brown GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/28/08 2:48 p.m.

Do NOT vote for mine yet...

(let's see if that reverse psychology works)

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/28/08 2:57 p.m.

I've added mine, let the trinkets flow.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xcnLAVhmS8sqcjHP9XHQ2kVDDGHDV0lXB0ujmcdgi4YK1hGkl3oNaZOajy5SvsJ5