David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/28/08 10:09 p.m.

I know there has been some fear of the new site, but I gotta say that the new Readers' Rides setup is pretty slick. Not sure how many of you realize this, but several cars featured in the mag came from the old RR board. I see that trend increasing as I'm seeing some way cool cars. Nice work all around.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA Dork
5/28/08 10:16 p.m.

It's great! I love how you can "vote" for cars that you like.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
5/29/08 10:53 a.m.

I'd prefer if there were more than one photo on the main screen for each readers' ride...

I understand, however, that this may not be desirable from bandwidth standpoints...or something.

Clem

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
5/29/08 10:59 a.m.

It's actually the uploads that become a problem. You get someone uploading a bunch of big files and it can just bring the server to its knees. But I do have some ideas that are coming. I've got to figure out search, work on the general stability and speed and take care of some other things.

Wally
Wally GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/29/08 11:13 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Not sure how many of you realize this, but several cars featured in the mag came from the old RR board. I see that trend increasing as I'm seeing some way cool cars. Nice work all around.

Let me know when you're coming by, I'll have Pizzas waiting.

P71
P71 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
5/29/08 11:35 a.m.
Wally wrote: Let me know when you're coming by, I'll have Pizzas waiting.

I would sooo read an article on Wally's bus! :grin:

RogerB
RogerB HalfDork
5/29/08 1:44 p.m.

I love the featured Reader's Ride! (although I still haven't seen MINE yet! :cool: ) But one of the things I really loved about the old board was the Reader's Ride forum, where people would post periodic updates on their progress. A prime example was the VW Rabbit being built for the $2008 Challenge (VWeezly was his S/N I believe). Will people post these "progress reports" in the regular GRM Forum, or could the Reader's Ride section be modified to be a little less "static"? Not complaining, just curious.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dhppsS0H9oijONNeGkg7aLk4eOuYnNt6cqODnPm2hoKzbq8OuatL3mxdca4npQpK