1 2
ShadowSix
ShadowSix HalfDork
5/20/12 12:59 p.m.
mmosbey wrote: Suzuki still makes body-on-frame compact SUVs. If that matters, look for Vitara, Grand Vitara, Sidekick, Samurai, LJ series, X-90, or 01-06 XL7. All above were available with manual transmissions. You can also find rebadged Suzukis, of course, as Chevy Trackers or Geo Trackers.

Why would you choose a body-on-frame SUV? He needs something that is easy to get into and that vertical space that the frame fills up is just that much farther he will have to lift his leg?

The easiest cars to get in and out of are going to be unibody cars with low floors, but high seats and roofs. My mom has serious knee problems and has chosen a Vibe and a PT cruiser, she has a hard time getting into my body-on-frame 4Runner and would never consider getting one as a DD.

I think the Scion xB and Honda Element suggestions are spot-on!

integraguy
integraguy UltraDork
5/20/12 1:48 p.m.

The only car I've been in recently, that had decently high seats and wide doors is the Fusion. If Ford made the Fusion as a wagon I'd be in one. I have considered "B" segment cars as I want something (reasonably) economical with fuel AND space. Finding ANYTHING with the manual transmission I want is not easy.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JCD8hUGY7vxgKIomj7cQeAsgvpraaW4BvCS2WOq8dohIDor3U3BVSvd7MC83BSYN